GDT: GM#40 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @5:00pm 12/31/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings(15-21-3, 33pts, Last in NHL) :thumbd:@ Colorado Avalanche(19-13-7, 45pts, 3rd in Central) :thumbd:
Pepsi Center| Denver, CO
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
PREVIOUS MEETINGS
COL 7-3 LAK November 21, 2018
:kings:avs
PP/PK27th/30th4th/22nd
Faceoffs12th24th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 9 goals, 16 assists, 25 points.Mikko Rantanen: 17 goals, 44 assists, 61 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Ignore the lines. They weren't right, but I needed a prop so here you go*
:kings
ZHutJ0d.png

ioMXa96.png

zPW5sH7.png

Extras: Nikita Scherbak, Dion Phaneuf
Injuries: Carl Hagelin, Jhonny Brodzinski, Trevor Lewis, Alec Martinez,

:avs
hv6Lhv1.png

kcV774T.png

RbpFum1.png

Injuries: Mark Barberio, Vladislav Kamenev, Nikita Zadorov, Colin Wilson

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope Quick isn't starting. Oof.

I know it's sort of your thing to post this in every GDT since you joined, but in his last 5 games, JQ is .928 with a 2.2 GAA. Cal just got sent down. You want to throw Jack right in just because reasons?

Frankly it doesn't matter who starts tonight, they're getting lit up like the last nights of christmas tree. Put in the emergency goalie for all i care.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I know it's sort of your thing to post this in every GDT since you joined, but in his last 5 games, JQ is .928 with a 2.2 GAA. Cal just got sent down. You want to throw Jack right in just because reasons?

Frankly it doesn't matter who starts tonight, they're getting lit up like the last nights of christmas tree. Put in the emergency goalie for all i care.

Applying western Canadian logic to the situation, Quick goes back to back the next two games.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

So you want Quick to blow out his groin ? Why don't you just admit it already.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Quick is the $7m #1G. There is no reason to think he won't start every normal game that a normal workhorse #1G starts. Doesn't matter how old he is. Doesn't matter how he's playing. Doesn't matter that he might get hurt. Results don't matter when you're 31st, and they're paying him too much money to not play. Lundqvist is still starting 76% of the games too.

Reactions: yankeeking

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Quick is the $7m #1G. There is no reason to think he won't start every normal game that a normal workhorse #1G starts. Doesn't matter how old he is. Doesn't matter how he's playing. Doesn't matter that he might get hurt. Results don't matter when you're 31st, and they're paying him too much money to not play. Lundqvist is still starting 76% of the games too.

even if LA was in first I would say Quick should not start both of a back to backs. When LA is winning we all post about needing to keep Quick fresh for playoffs. Splitting back to backs is a way to do that. Most teams split starts on back to backs.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Some people want to break an asset down even more even when not needed to. Idiotic.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So you want Quick to blow out his groin ? Why don't you just admit it already.

What is this lunacy?

He hasn't played since Saturday. 4 games in 10 days. 5 in 14. Do you have the memory of an onion? That's not exactly a murderous workload.

If he plays all games of the 3 in 4 yeah that would be stupid, but we're not there yet, are we? I'd expect Campbell to start tomorrow, but I also don't need powder on my bum because Quick is starting on the first night of a b2b instead of the second.

Hell even if he did get hurt and LTIR'ed that sounds more like your fantasy than mine.

I expect him to get lit up, but I'd expect Campbell to do the same vs. MacKinnon and co.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What is this lunacy?

He hasn't played since Saturday. 4 games in 10 days. 5 in 14. Do you have the memory of an onion? That's not exactly a murderous workload.

If he plays all games of the 3 in 4 yeah that would be stupid, but we're not there yet, are we? I'd expect Campbell to start tomorrow, but I also don't need powder on my bum because Quick is starting on the first night of a b2b instead of the second.

Hell even if he did get hurt and LTIR'ed that sounds more like your fantasy than mine.

I expect him to get lit up, but I'd expect Campbell to do the same vs. MacKinnon and co.

I don't see what part of me not wanting him to start every game is difficult for you to comprehend.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't see what part of me not wanting him to start every game is difficult for you to comprehend.

Oh come on. You don't want Quick to start ANY game.

If he plays again tomorrow you'll have a more valid complaint. In the meantime, don't at all see how it's weird or unusual for a workhorse starter to play 5 games in two weeks.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Oh come on. You don't want Quick to start ANY game.

If he plays again tomorrow you'll have a more valid complaint. In the meantime, don't at all see how it's weird or unusual for a workhorse starter to play 5 games in two weeks.

I want Quick to be tradeable. Not breaking him down would be a smart way of maintaining his health and whatever little value he has on the market.

Reactions: Butch 19

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

Quick has already proved that he will get injured when played too much.

The Kings have scored 175 fewer goals than the highest scoring team (TB) 175 goals less! At the midpoint of the season, doesn't that seem like an astronomical number of fewer goals?!

Quick knows the only way he has a shot to win is to get a SO or allow just one goal - basically stand on his head. Once the opposing team has scored a few, then Quick tries to do too much, and that's when he lets in the stupid goals / gets hurt.

He's played great for years, why subject him to his lame team that can't score for him. He deserves a few more nights off.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I want Quick to be tradeable. Not breaking him down would be a smart way of maintaining his health and whatever little value he has on the market.
He's not tradeable unless his stats improve very significantly. That won't happen unless he plays a lot.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
24 goalies have played 4 or more games in the amount of time we're complaining about Quick's starts.

What the f*** people, pull it together. Plenty of other things to be mad about, this ain't it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->