Post-Game Talk: GM 4: Canucks @ Sharks - Bye, Bye AV

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I have no sympathy at all for this team.

You cannot complain about anything when you know SJ are going to get calls and you try and finally show up in Game 4.

It would also help if they could kill a penalty which they couldn't.

It's just one excuse or another with this team. Time for some major changes.
They killed a 4 minute double minor, and a few 2 minute penalties also...

DogsFan*

Just watched a video highlighting the refereeing in this series. As a Habs fan, I feel your pain guys. There needs to be a change.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Ah, the main board is fun with everyone telling us how to fix the team. Some say the Sedins are secondary players now, others say they need to go. And let's never forget the whole window analogy. It's going to be a long summer.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Ah, the main board is fun with everyone telling us how to fix the team. Some say the Sedins are secondary players now, others say they need to go. And let's never forget the whole window analogy. It's going to be a long summer.

Ya there's no chance I even look at the main board until maybe October.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

Seriously who really cares though? Only one team should be gloating this summer - the eventual Cup winner. Everyone else will have failed.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
Small consolation, there's only half the refereeing jobs available in the next round and only the least worst will advance.:neener:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I haven't been able to bring myself to visit the Sharks board.

And generally I like those guys. There are far worse fan bases out there.

I'm just not ready to see all the high fives and jubilation.

Sour grapes I suppose.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I am cheering for them vs the hawks, and I somewhat expected us to loose the series and felt it was necessary evil for change to be made, they have my support next round vs the hawks.

By the way i know some fans hate other fan bases and think they are enemies, I certainly feel that way at times toward flames and oiler fans.

But a few shark fans made it clear they are gloating simply because in 2011 they felt like absolute garbage and canuck fans rubbed it in their face.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Manny's loss is definitively underrated. He got so much **** in this board, but without him the PK went to the toilet and so did our faceoff ability. He was a far more important cog than what most cared for.

Among our players - I try so hard to not do it, but I have to single out Bieksa. He seemed to be on the ice for every Sharks chance - untimely pinches, turnovers under slight pressure, getting beaten wide, taking himself out of the play and bad penalties. If GMMG has to ship out someone from our core, it's gotta be him.

I agree, he needs to be shipped out. Nothing but a constant headache. Garrison-Tanev-Corrado should suffice on the RS.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Just watched a video highlighting the refereeing in this series. As a Habs fan, I feel your pain guys. There needs to be a change.

Link? Wouldn't mind checking this out...

Worst one that comes to mind is negating the Canuck's crucial power play off the faceoff when Henrik received a delay of game penalty for winning the puck back with both hands on the shaft of his stick...especially after Couture earlier on in the game, grabbed the puck and threw it out of the zone off a face off on the PK...

Some of the calls in this series were an absolute joke.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I would wait till they're bounced.

I think the Sharks have a good chance of going all the way actually. Don't really have an issue with them to be honest. I didn't like all the Couture and Wingels flops or the infamous Thornton hand shake, but I would have no problem with them winning it all. The officiating has nothing to do with the Sharks and let's be honest, by and large they were the better team all series. They are rolling 4 effective lines, getting elite goaltending and seem to be on the same page.

It is hard to tell because the Canucks played so poorly, but the Sharks look good. Hopefully the long layoff doesn't effect them.

Also, am I the only one that had a bigger issue with the Bieksa call than the Sedin one? Wingels flopped on both of them but the Bieksa one was a play that you don't usually see called, even in the regular season.

I also don't believe the Sharks will get calls like they did this series. One of the benefits of playing the Canucks is that the officials hate them. Self-inflicted perhaps but it's obvious to anyone that the majority of officials loath the team, especially Sutherland.

Last edited:

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I am cheering for them vs the hawks, and I somewhat expected us to loose the series and felt it was necessary evil for change to be made, they have my support next round vs the hawks.

By the way i know some fans hate other fan bases and think they are enemies, I certainly feel that way at times toward flames and oiler fans.

But a few shark fans made it clear they are gloating simply because in 2011 they felt like absolute garbage and canuck fans rubbed it in their face.

Would rather see the Sharks win over the 'Hawks any day of the week. But IF they end up winning, it'll hurt (for me, at least).

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Kings fan popping in.

The Nucks got hosed on both of those Wingles dives.

That kid is going to break his neck falling into the boards like that.

Sorry to see you guys out. I have a lot of respect for the Sedins after last year's series.

The Sedins were very tough and competitive.

Daniel barely played thT series. Wtf?

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Sekeres is still going off about the call :laugh:

As was Dreger, didn't expect that. He also said the PP discrepancy was unexplainable. :amazed:

I've officially seen and heard everything this series.

Wow, Kelly Hrudey just went off on it too, saying everyone at the CBC was flabbergasted.

Last edited:
Not that we deserved to win this series but the officiating here was ridiculous even by modern NHL game management standards. The raw stats scream WTF.

PP minus PK time:
SJS 20:40
STL 8:11
MIN 8:05
OTT 6:22
NYR 5:54
NYI 4:25
ANA 4:11
TOR 3:25
BOS -3:25
DET -4:11
PIT -4:25
WSH -5:54
MTL -6:22
CHI -8:05
LAK -8:11
VAN -20:40

Why not just put in writing that come playoffs Nucks must spend close to 10% of game time in the box over and above the opposition and be done with it?

This somehow points to a problem elsewhere how, seeing as there has been what 8 different referees, do you really think they conspire against the canucks?
This team needs to look in the mirror, they have been blaming others for far too long, that is the reason that change is needed.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
Important thing to note about this team and AVs coaching...we were a Patrick Sharp goal away from being knocked out in the first round in 2011...losing 4 straight games. It's not like our team these past 2 years was so much worse...we got a lot more bounces in 2011 and nearly none that last 2 playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->