Pre-Game Talk: GM 39: Vancouver Canucks vs. Phoenix Coyotes - Apr 8 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
has smith even played a game since that brutal, disgusting hit

edler should've been suspended for the rest of the season

M A K A V E L I*

Man, those were some dark times for sports broadcasting.

Just really really bad.

Before Sportsnet, there were very few Canucks games on TV. I remember being at Dairy Queen with my middle school hockey team after one of our games and there was a Province article saying that 50 Canucks games would be televised on Sportsnet. That seemed like Christmas back then. Before that, CBC had a few games and I think there were some on BCTV and CHEK.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Okay? Last year the Blues were dominating teams and being outshot almost every game they played.

At 5 on 5, the Blues outshot their opponents by an average of 5 shots per 60 minutes last season. They were a very good team.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Before Sportsnet, there were very few Canucks games on TV. I remember being at Dairy Queen with my middle school hockey team after one of our games and there was a Province article saying that 50 Canucks games would be televised on Sportsnet. That seemed like Christmas back then. Before that, CBC had a few games and I think there were some on BCTV and CHEK.

shudder_homer_small.jpg

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I believe the BCTV and CHEK were specialized though. Very few broadcasted like maybe 8 per year or something. I swear I read that somewhere.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
We were outshot 38-21. If Kiprusoff had been even half as good as Schneider we might have lost that game. I'd like to think the difference between us and Calgary is more than our goaltending.

We were playing lazy, giving turnovers every other shift, and let Calgary put on way too much pressure in our own zone.

:) I like to think that if the game had been close they'd of played better.
1-0 in the 1st minute vs a team that just had a fire sale & has lost 4 straight.
That just might lead to a little complacency.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sorry to break the news to his agent, but he's a systems goalie. Nothing more, nothing less.

He probably saw this guy and dollar signs popped up:

ilya-bryzgalov-af1b3b10e674fd1d.jpg

In regards to that photo, holy crap Bryz is holding his stick in a terrible place for 5 hole coverage. That's house league level bad.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Smith asks for 5/year for the next 4 or 5 seasons, but 7 for 8 is absolutely ridiculous. Still, I'd rather trade for Loungo then pull in a goaltender who had a career season last year and is 31, plus is back to his average play this season. Loungo has proven himself more than Smith has, and if the price is less than three quarters of a million different of salary/cap hit, I'd trade a few things to bring that on board.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Mike Smith is more of a diva than coho. :laugh:

I totally forgot about the edler hit on him. This game could be interesting. :laugh:

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Mike Smith has a short memory. His career was DONE if Phoenix doesn't take a chance on him and provide an opportunity to work with Sean Burke. He'd have spent the last two seasons in the AHL.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

And it only took what, like 2-3 years or so until people were *****ing that 15 or so games were only available on PPV? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->