Pre-Game Talk: GM 39: Vancouver Canucks vs. Phoenix Coyotes - Apr 8 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Fair enough, I'm more so just tired of reading constant doom and gloom on these boards (even though I was guilty of it earlier on). Has nothing really to pertain with your statement, I APOLOGIZE.

3996olive_branch.jpg

Can we doom and gloom about Ebbett? Maybe Bieksa? :sarcasm:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Why would TSN pick thins game up? :laugh:

Thank God we don't have to deal with PPV's and NON-TELEVISED games anymore. I remember some games solely being available on CKNW during the WCE era. We didn't even have streams back then :(

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I actually think Luongo should get the start this game.

I agree. You need to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I would hand pick a couple of easy games on the schedule and see if he can build some momentum / confidence before the playoffs start.

Crazy to think that if he does start tomorrow, it could be his last home start in a Canucks uniform.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah I'd be okay with Lu starting. Phoenix has been heating up lately but I'm not worried about it. I've always been more concerned with scoring goals against them, not with preventing them.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
There was no reason to hate Ebbett even before he started to have a couple decent games.

He was playing 14-17 minutes a night.

There's no logical reason Ebbett should be playing more than 10 minutes.

He's slow, he doesn't put up points, he can't make a pass, he can't for-check, he doesn't cause turnovers... he's tops on 4th liners in give-aways, despite playing less games than most of them, ... he doesn't hit, he's small so there's no fear of him... he almost never shoots (one of the lowest shot totals on the team)...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He was playing 14-17 minutes a night.

There's no logical reason Ebbett should be playing more than 10 minutes.

He's slow, he doesn't put up points, he can't make a pass, he can't for-check, he doesn't cause turnovers... he's tops on 4th liners in give-aways, despite playing less games than most of them, ... he doesn't hit, he's small so there's no fear of him... he almost never shoots (one of the lowest shot totals on the team)...

That's still no reason to hate Ebbett.

dc

May 11, 2010
Monterrey, Mexico
I agree. Luongo needs to see some action, but I have a feeling AV will make his decision based on the results from Minny's game tonight. If they win, then Schneider will probably be in, if they lose, then I think there's a better chance Luongo might get the start.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As a person? Oh he's probably a great guy.

I just can't stand watching the guy play hockey!

I'm still talking about people hating Ebbett for no reason, as a hockey player. Ebbett isn't the one to blame for being given more than 10 minutes a night.Is Ebbett the one to hate for being put into situations he is only going to fail in? Is Ebbett the one to hate for being put into situations he clearly doesn't have the skillset for?

I don't think so at all. Ebbett isn't the one to hate here. He's doing to best in the situations he's being put in, that he simply isn't good enough for. It's quite unfair for him IMO. It's like putting Sestito with the Sedins, and expecting him to produce like Burrows can with them. Yet when Sestito doesn't produce like Burrows, would he be the one to hate, according to fans? After seeing Ebbett get hate like he has, I don't think fans hating Sestito the same way is out of the picture, honestly.

Ebbett is a good player when he isn't getting a good chunk of minutes, and being handed big responsibilities. Like I said, he's being put into situations where he is simply going to fail, and simply just isn't good enough, but he isn't to blame for that.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Just another pawn;63502455[B said:
]Thank God we don't have to deal with PPV's[/B] and NON-TELEVISED games anymore. I remember some games solely being available on CKNW during the WCE era. We didn't even have streams back then :(

Man, those were some dark times for sports broadcasting.

Just really really bad.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I didn't truly believe in the scapegoating stuff until the Ebbett treatment this year.

He's a 13th forward who's solid in that role and has more icetime/responsibilities because of all the injuries and he's more of a veteran than guys like Schroeder/Kassian in PK situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad