Pre-Game Talk: GM 39: Vancouver Canucks vs. Phoenix Coyotes - Apr 8 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Vancouver Canucks vs. Phoenix Coyotes

Canucks' Record: 21-11-6 vs. 17-15-6

WHEN: Monday, April 8th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: TSN
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Roy - Hansen
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Barker - Tanev

Schneider

Phoenix Coyotes' Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Game Notes:

The Last Meeting:

Coyote Killers:
Derek Roy - 9GP, 0G, 7A, 7Pts
Henrik Sedin - 46GP, 9G, 28A, 37Pts
Daniel Sedin - 45GP, 9G, 25A, 34Pts

Canuck Killers:
Antoine Vermette - 20GP, 5G, 11A, 16Pts
Derek Morris - 57GP, 6G, 21A, 27Pts
Jason LaBarbera - 8GP, 4W, 2L, 0TL, 2.27 GAA, .928 SVP, 0 SO

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
My dad and sister are going to be at this one (got my dad tickets for his birthday), so the Canucks better win! It's my dad's first game.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I had to look at almost every player on their roster for a third guy with good numbers against us. I was most surprised when I discovered it was LaBarbera. :laugh:

Yeah he always stones us for some reason.

Surprised to find out that Jason Garrison is a +15 this season. Why you ask? The next leading defenseman is Kevin Bieksa at +6 who Garrison has received very little time with.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yeah he always stones us for some reason.

Surprised to find out that Jason Garrison is a +15 this season. Why you ask? The next leading defenseman is Kevin Bieksa at +6 who Garrison has received very little time with.

Impossible! Jason Garrison is the worst UFA signing of the year!

Big contract...16 goals...not getting it...what?

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
Huh, I just realized that Hank scored our first PK goal of the year with that empty net goal.

Main reason our PP has suffered this year is because Hansen is on it, once Kess gets back I'm sure it will pick up again. Our 2nd unit was never that great because it never had an actual center, but now that it does... hopefully it can get going as well.

I thought Kesler was supposed to be back this week? Monday-Tuesday is what I heard.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game. We're playing like we don't care right now, and are poised to be upset. If we lose this game, but it fires us up to start getting ready for playoff hockey now, hopefully we can enter the playoffs firing on all cylinders.

Does Kesler come back against Calgary?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game. We're playing like we don't care right now, and are poised to be upset. If we lose this game, but it fires us up to start getting ready for playoff hockey now, hopefully we can enter the playoffs firing on all cylinders.

Does Kesler come back against Calgary?

Are you basing this off of last night?

Calgary has like no structured system which leads to a lot of running around. We're running up scores instead of defending a 1 goal lead, and there's constant offensive pressure happening. The only thing that's not quite sorted is our D. That'll fix itself I think.

We're playing like we've got something to lose now, unlike the 6 game win streak.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Are you basing this off of last night?

Calgary has like no structured system which leads to a lot of running around. We're running up scores instead of defending a 1 goal lead, and there's constant offensive pressure happening. The only thing that's not quite sorted is our D. That'll fix itself I think.

We're playing like we've got something to lose now, unlike the 6 game win streak.

We were outshot 38-21. If Kiprusoff had been even half as good as Schneider we might have lost that game. I'd like to think the difference between us and Calgary is more than our goaltending.

We were playing lazy, giving turnovers every other shift, and let Calgary put on way too much pressure in our own zone.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
We were outshot 38-21. If Kiprusoff had been even half as good as Schneider we might have lost that game. I'd like to think the difference between us and Calgary is more than our goaltending.

We were playing lazy, giving turnovers every other shift, and let Calgary put on way too much pressure in our own zone.

Okay? Last year the Blues were dominating teams and being outshot almost every game they played.

When you play a basement team and you're an upper echelon team, you're likely going to play down to their level as opposed to them raising their game to play to yours.

Calgary is just an irritating team to play now without Iggy. It's like last years Columbus.

We still won 5-2 so I could give less ****s. The effort was there, I'm pinning the D problems solely on Bowness right now.

Chicago is still the best in the league and their PP sucks balls right now, they have no 2C (and Bolland, who's playing 2C is giving no ****s this year) and from reading their boards, only Keith seems to be playing hard every night. Every team has a problem right now. Just relax.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

I only saw a couple of minutes of each period (I was at a birthday party and some ***** kept changing the channel), but it was the impression I got as well. Like I said before, the defense and goaltending will determine how far we can go, IMO.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I only saw a couple of minutes of each period (I was at a birthday party and some ***** kept changing the channel), but it was the impression I got as well. Like I said before, the defense and goaltending will determine how far we can go, IMO.

They had more scoring chances yeah but overall their shot quality wasn't great. It was a lot of spray and pray, if you know what I mean. The two goals they got were off breakaways, one was weak on Schneider but it happens.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Okay? Last year the Blues were dominating teams and being outshot almost every game they played.

When you play a basement team and you're an upper echelon team, you're likely going to play down to their level as opposed to them raising their game to play to yours.

Calgary is just an irritating team to play now without Iggy. It's like last years Columbus.

We still won 5-2 so I could give less ****s. The effort was there, I'm pinning the D problems solely on Bowness right now.

Chicago is still the best in the league and their PP sucks balls right now, they have no 2C (and Bolland, who's playing 2C is giving no ****s this year) and from reading their boards, only Keith seems to be playing hard every night. Every team has a problem right now. Just relax.

I don't understand why you're upset. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind us losing a game so we don't get complacent in that we can win games without really trying. I don't think the way we're playing now is the best we can play, and hopefully by the time we get to the playoffs we'll have ourselves fired up enough to go on a roll.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I don't understand why you're upset. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind us losing a game so we don't get complacent in that we can win games without really trying. I don't think the way we're playing now is the best we can play, and hopefully by the time we get to the playoffs we'll have ourselves fired up enough to go on a roll.

Fair enough, I'm more so just tired of reading constant doom and gloom on these boards (even though I was guilty of it earlier on). Has nothing really to pertain with your statement, I APOLOGIZE.

3996olive_branch.jpg

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Fair enough, I'm more so just tired of reading constant doom and gloom on these boards (even though I was guilty of it earlier on). Has nothing really to pertain with your statement, I APOLOGIZE.

3996olive_branch.jpg

No problem. I think I'm fairly optimistic, and the way I see it, is if we can win games 5-2 without really trying and with Kesler out to boot, we definitely have a chance to do serious damage in the playoffs if everything comes together.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Don't think we see Kesler back this game, unfortunately.

Keep ridin' that Schneid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad