Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It just makes sense....I would roll with these, and just roll them evenly,

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Kempe - Toffoli
Scherbak - Carter - Leipsic
Luff - Thompson/Lewis - Wagner

Send Amadio back to the AHL to get playing time, he's 1st call up when injuries happen.

Doughty - Forbort
Muzzin - Walker
Fantenberg - Martinez

Keep Phaneuf as 7th dman, can move between any of the last three,

When you can trade Martinez you do that, and you have Ladue
When you can trade Carter, you do that and you have Lewis/Amadio etc
It's tough because I think Luff, Scherbak and Leipsic should all be getting top 9 minutes at this point. Maybe even Wagner. Amadio I love on the PP but not much else. His hands and vision are top notch but his skating sucks and he looks afraid of contact.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It's tough because I think Luff, Scherbak and Leipsic should all be getting top 9 minutes at this point. Maybe even Wagner. Amadio I love on the PP but not much else. His hands and vision are top notch but his skating sucks and he looks afraid of contact.

I agree, that's why I said roll them evenly, I'd be fine with line 1-4 getting 15-16 minutes a game each....tell them it's gonna be that way until a line produces for more than one game at a time....let them play their way to more time

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I was surprised and disappointed too by Wagner being scratched. I like just about everything in his game and that he plays with an edge, which this team needs. He not only has skill but that moxy that you can't teach, that comes from within, and why does he enjoy mixing it up and sticking up for (most recently Quick) his teammates?

Kings’ rookie Austin Wagner is young, but he plays with an edge – Daily News

“That’s the way I like to play. I think everybody kind of knows I like to be in your face, play with my speed and that’s what makes me successful. So I knew the guy was out there and it’s just one of those things; I’d do it for anybody.

That attitude, is what has been missing for the most part for years and should be embraced ,not sitting in the press box because the GM wants the vets to play because they are shelling out $$.

Has WD40 given any reason for him being scratched?

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-23-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I was surprised and disappointed too by Wagner being scratched. I like just about everything in his game and that he plays with an edge, which this team needs. He not only has skill but that moxy that you can't teach, that comes from within, and why does he enjoy mixing it up and sticking up for (most recently Quick) his teammates?

Kings’ rookie Austin Wagner is young, but he plays with an edge – Daily News

“That’s the way I like to play. I think everybody kind of knows I like to be in your face, play with my speed and that’s what makes me successful. So I knew the guy was out there and it’s just one of those things; I’d do it for anybody.

That attitude, is what has been missing for the most part for years and should be embraced ,not sitting in the press box because the GM wants the vets to play because they are shelling out $$.

Has WD40 given any reason for him being scratched?
Returning vets probably.

AbsentMojo

1 down, 3 to go
Apr 18, 2018
bit.ly
Look on the bright side. Maybe "Kopi" will feel like going to the net next season.
One thing Kopi has perfected this year is his interview monotone. I have some recording equipment and I have proof he maintained the same exact pitch during the entire interview a flat line ---------------------------------------------------- much like his effort most games

Reactions: KINGS17
Jul 31, 2005
CA
And then Vegas Tuesday, New years day.

You'd think with a team full of old married guys with kids they would be at the rink early, ready to play hockey THRILLED to be out of the house. Instead we're being treated to the modern married man who is the bread winner, pays all the bills and does all the chores and mumbles stuff like "Gotta ask the wife" if you try to do something fun.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You'd think with a team full of old married guys with kids they would be at the rink early, ready to play hockey THRILLED to be out of the house. Instead we're being treated to the modern married man who is the bread winner, pays all the bills and does all the chores and mumbles stuff like "Gotta ask the wife" if you try to do something fun.
There is a solution, and it ONLY costs you half of everything you have. :)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yesterday’s game was lost before the puck drop because of lineup decisions. It’s laughable to take Wagner out of the lineup at this point and expect anyone to think you’re not tanking or showcasing players being shopped in trades.

It’s a joke at worst and a questionable decision at best to play Jeff Carter every game at this point, much less feature him in some video segment, given his performance and press reports about trade rumors.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s fine to lose, but you have to wonder, would a kid like Wagner develop better riding the AHL bus or in the NHL.

I think the old school mentality of the kids having to earn their minutes by putting in their time and kowtowing to grizzly vets is just about done. Giving too much power / ice time to veteran players who are past their prime and aren’t worth their salary is killing this franchise.

Blake needs to pull his head out of the South Bay bubble and show he is in charge of this roster and not some flunky, hack coasting on his reputation as a player.

It starts with either Carter or Phaneuf. There is zero reason based on play, lottery team or contender, to take away ice time from any King with an NHL contract for either of these guys.

Blake doesn't pay the Bills, AEG does and the CEO is in charge not Blake.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Blake doesn't pay the Bills, AEG does and the CEO is in charge not Blake.

That hasn’t been AEGs MO so far. I don’t think Beckerman is dictating Blake’s move. If anyone is, it’s Robitaille, who is pushing the contender angle. My guess is Blake is just carrying others water up to this point.

AEG has never forced an identity on the team and we’re waiting on 20/4 to reveal what the new one is going to be.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Yesterday’s game was lost before the puck drop because of lineup decisions. It’s laughable to take Wagner out of the lineup at this point and expect anyone to think you’re not tanking or showcasing players being shopped in trades.

It’s a joke at worst and a questionable decision at best to play Jeff Carter every game at this point, much less feature him in some video segment, given his performance and press reports about trade rumors.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s fine to lose, but you have to wonder, would a kid like Wagner develop better riding the AHL bus or in the NHL.

I think the old school mentality of the kids having to earn their minutes by putting in their time and kowtowing to grizzly vets is just about done. Giving too much power / ice time to veteran players who are past their prime and aren’t worth their salary is killing this franchise.

Blake needs to pull his head out of the South Bay bubble and show he is in charge of this roster and not some flunky, hack coasting on his reputation as a player.

It starts with either Carter or Phaneuf. There is zero reason based on play, lottery team or contender, to take away ice time from any King with an NHL contract for either of these guys.

They're paying a lot to those vets, so the vets are going to play(other than Kovalchuk). Be prepared for Wagner, Luff, Walker, and Petersen to be sent down when Lewis, Hagelin, Martinez, and Campbell get back. Don't wait for Carter to be traded. I would say assume Carter, and anyone else with years left on their contracts to be back next year. Unless they do another Pearson type trade. Thompson won't be back, because he's a UFA.

This is going to be a slow process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->