Pre-Game Talk: GM 37: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Apr 4 - 7:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Healthy:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Weise - Lapierre-Pinnizotto.

Working as if Booth won't be back.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Well, Edmonton is now sitting in a playoff spot.
Look on the bright side - they likely won't get the 1st overall pick again.;)

The bad news - it looks like the Flames have a chance at the 1st overall pick - but hey, you can't have everything....

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Or the Avs.

Until the Avs show some willingness to spend some money, it'll be tough for them to be a serious threat. Seems to have a great scouting/developmental group - which is the difference why they're able to get what they can with the smaller internal budget they have to work with. They don't seem to need "high picks" to draft/develop solid players.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Healthy:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Weise - Lapierre-Pinnizotto.

Working as if Booth won't be back.

I like this the most but I think your 2nd line should be the 3rd line and vice versa.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
roy_canucks.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver

lol I saw that image in google today, not a bad job. Anyways the Canucks have the roster to defeat the Oilers. The Canucks have to move in fast and rough them up but not too rough that it's going to give them penalties, but they have to slow this Oilers team down and not let them take a early advantage.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

EDIT: Also I like some of the confidence and spirit for winning the cup. (Gillis and Roy(Must really want it))

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Canucks will be scoreboard watching and see that the Wild lost in regulation.

With the current trend, I sense a loss to the Oilers tomorrow night :(

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Part of me wants to put Kesler with Higgins and Hansen as a tough-minutes line and then watch Raymond-Roy-Kassian just rip it up against 4th lines and 3rd defense pairings.

(When everyone's healthy, of course).

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Excited about this. Feels like forever since the trade. Like getting a new toy on Christmas and realizing it doesn't come with batteries and having to wait to play with it.

:P

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I hope we win in OT/SO so the Oilers can remain competitive in their quest for the post-season.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
A legit second line centre. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. :cry:

Look on the bright side - they likely won't get the 1st overall pick again.;)

The bad news - it looks like the Flames have a chance at the 1st overall pick - but hey, you can't have everything....

Eh, let 'em have it. With that god awful management. I just can't mock them too much these days. Their fans suffer enough.

I hope we win in OT/SO so the Oilers can remain competitive in their quest for the post-season.

Hell to that. I want us to blow them away to redeem the humiliation we endured last week. Wish Lu was starting though.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Pivotal game. If the Canucks are humiliated again, I think they'll quit on Vignault. They might go into a swoon and miss the playoffs!

I expect a closer game, but the Canucks do not have the guns to beat Edmonton. They showed that. Roy isn't going to be a lot different from Schroeder, the way Vignault uses them.

I think it's a loss leading to a gut check leading to a meltdown.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like this the most but I think your 2nd line should be the 3rd line and vice versa.

Doesn't really matter what order they're in. Kesler will get the most minutes anyway.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
A canuck win buries the Oilers behind the canucks, puts the canucks back into the division lead (even if temporarily) and in fact does MAJOR damage to the Oilers playoff hopes (they are going to have a hard time remaining in front of St. Louis to begin with).

Normally I think that would mean a canuck loss. Tonight I'm not sure because that will be balanced by actually having a second line center making his debut for the canucks. And you know that whether or not Roy wants to re-sign in Vancouver he is going to be giving it his all on a playoff bound team to up the numbers on his next contract.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Doesn't really matter what order they're in. Kesler will get the most minutes anyway.

The order is EVERYTHING. I mean a second line can't be a checking line and third line can't be a scoring line. Something I've learned the last 48 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad