Post-Game Talk: GM 3 | Flames def. Canucks - 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
As much as it is good to say "its only 3 games" the problems the team is currently facing were the same issues they had all of last season. It's not like this is anything uncharacteristic or notably out of form. The only difference on the scorecard is we aren't getting bailed out by Markstrom and a top 4 powerplay anymore. When the PP dries up there's nothing else to carry this teams offense with such weak 5 on 5 play, which was below average last year as well. This team has the same problems as it did last year and hasn't made any progress on improving them thusfar

Dtrain88

Sponsor
Oct 19, 2019
I think the commentary
Made it worse.... wow that was weak. Wish we had shorty calling it

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Yeah he did. Take your trolling elsewhere
It’s somehow trolling to suggest a player who consistently plays with the teams best players, offers absolutely zero on the defensive side of the puck needs to be better in a game where he did absolutely nothing at even strength? This city has some sort of affection to Boeser as if he isn’t an average top 6 forward. Toffoli was more productive in his role.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
As much as it is good to say "its only 3 games" the problems the team is currently facing were the same issues they had all of last season. It's not like this is anything uncharacteristic or notably out of form. This team has the same problems as it did last year and hasn't made any progress on improving them thusfar
Really we got worse, no?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
No way this team can win if they keep benching the $6 million dollar elite forward.

LET LOUIE PLAY

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Point
Petey
Lafreniere
Coleman
Stone
Boeser
Hughes
Schmidt

Cernak
Toews
Barzal
Olofsson
Hughes

Samsonov
Markstrom
Shesterkin

That's the top quarter of my fantasy team I need to re-evaluate after tonight. :(

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Oh well just wasn’t our night.

No one could hit the mark
CA0383CA-C2CE-49D7-94FF-91ECBFEC8CF4.gif

and our Boys are definitely out of sync.

Hopefully Monday is a better Game.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well that was a bit of a showstopper..Team looks really out of sync...Top 6 has to get going..You can talk about Motte , Beagle and Virtanen all you want, but the elite game changers have to convert.

Classic Marky shut the door for them, ....and glad that Edler is okay.

Good to see everybody leaping off the bandwagon after game #3...

Next.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I was outside around a fire drinking beer, then I came inside to watch this game drinking beer.

(Outside drinking beer) > (Inside watching the game beer)

Motte is one of our best PKers, he really needs to stay out of the box, instead of trying to be a penalty minute leader.

Really need the leader Miller back, Pettersson needs him.

Good on Marky and Tanev.

Back to the fire outside.
Cheers...

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I thought the best player for Van tonight was Horvat. He keeps getting better. He's an xGF% beast, reminds me of Point that way - he doesn't lose shifts often.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
After this season:
Sutter gone
Edler gone
1 year remaining for Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle, Virtanen

That Myers contract has another brutal 3 years left.

A lot of crap is coming off the books the next 2 years and I hope the owners have tapped Bennings phone.

Team badly needs to focus on the draft the next 2 seasons. Cannot afford to make any panic driven moves and sacrifice picks and prospects.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It’s somehow trolling to suggest a player who consistently plays with the teams best players, offers absolutely zero on the defensive side of the puck needs to be better in a game where he did absolutely nothing at even strength? This city has some sort of affection to Boeser as if he isn’t an average top 6 forward. Toffoli was more productive in his role.
Ya, we are trolling for loving our team and only wanting us the be a winner. How about the fans saying we are good and have a chance are the ones true lot? My Goal are we the o oh ones actually watching these guys? We are TERRIBLE!
I’ve been predicted g s bottom five overall for bush from the day we lost Marky, Tanev, and Tofu. Miller said why the rest? Our house layers are doubting the lineup. What the heck do fans expect is going to happen?

Reactions: cookiefest

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Only three games in, but nothing that's happened so far doesn't convince me that this is basically a transitional, development year for the Canucks. Bring along some of the young kids and position yourself for a high draft pick.

Bottom line is that Sutter, Beagle and Roussel really aren't NHL players anymore. And the jury is out on Edler. And obviously neither Baertschi and Eriksson are NHL players either, because they can't even get on the ice. So until these deadwood contracts run their course, this team won't really ever be competitive. And I think Benning knows it.

So just compete hard, get through the year. Probably replace the coach at the end of the season, and keep all your draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad