Post-Game Talk: GM 22: Stars def. Canucks - 6-1 (Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Boeser was sloppy as eff tonight.

And I theorize that Quinn sees it and Quinn doesn’t like it which is why he stopped using Boeser as an option on the PP and worked exclusively with Petey.

Boeser is a serious detriment on nights like tonight where the opponent’s entire team was playing hard.

This is who Brock inherently is.

This behaviour has been tolerated from day 1.

This is an entitled attitude where Brock believes he doesn’t have to work as hard as say Tanner Pearson because he’s a VIP.

This type of VIP attitude comes from the fact that the Aquilinis treat their young players like racing horses.

This is the toxic culture we’ve seen since Jake and Jared were drafted.

People wonder why the Sedins didn’t stick around? Because of exactly this.

Organizational toxicity.

And the fact that Brock is still pulling this crap while Bo is captain?

Welp. I dunno. I really don’t.

Yah, the Sedins were always known to be selfish. Classless guys, and I for one am glad they split quickly. I know they didn’t wanna endure any hard times with this organization like you said, so they turned their backs on us after a short 20 years.

good riddance.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Like Garrett said, that 5 on 3. A chance to take control and it spirals in the other direction. f*** the stars for trying to pull the muck and grind game in 2019 with all that skill, what a waste of a roster

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Yes, the Sedins abandoned the organization they spent twenty years of their life apart of because of toxicity and not the fact they were nearly forty years old and simply no longer the star players they once were. Sure...

Frankly, I'm glad they didn't keep trying to force it. Seeing Iginla, one of the best powerforwards in the modern era deteriorated into a fourth line scrub was depressing.

The organization that the Canucks are right now is NOT the same organization that drafted the Sedins.

Ever since Benning became GM, this organization has become complete and utter crap.

So....

The Sedins no longer wanting to be employed by a piece of a crap organization?

Not that hard to believe IMO considering the fact that...

Kesler... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Hamhuis... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Bieksa... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Burr.... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Higgins... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Vrbata... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Tryamkin... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Linden... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Luo... stopped wanting to be employed by the Aquilinis.

Notice a pattern maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Uh, I don't think Bieksa, Hamhuis, or Burrows asked to leave, did they?
Their apathetic no-more-effs-to-give play said it all.

Bieksa traded himself off this team and seriously... who can blame him being paired with Sbisa all the time.

Hammer just stopped trying and we saw how terrible a player Weber was as a direct result.

Burr as well... until he got put with Bo and Bae in his last season with us.

Chris had the least amount of effs to give and POed WD something fierce. Lol

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The organization that the Canucks are right now is NOT the same organization that drafted the Sedins.

Ever since Benning became GM, this organization has become complete and utter crap.

So....

Notice a pattern maybe?
How do you come up with with stuff...?...absolutely daft...The team was clearly done as a contender after the SJS sweep in the 2013 playoffs..did you even watch..?

Kesler knew the Canucks were done as a contender..He wanted to play on a contender..he was completely correct in his assessment...The window of a SC was done and over.

Other than Linden..I'm sure the rest could care less who the ownership was...(the Higgins, Tryamkin,Vrbata examples were especially a joke..they don't care who the ownership is.. )

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

So....

Notice a pattern maybe?

This is a bit of a reach, dude.

Some of what you're saying, sure, but you're ignoring the march of time and the effect it has on players.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Yah, the Sedins were always known to be selfish. Classless guys, and I for one am glad they split quickly. I know they didn’t wanna endure any hard times with this organization like you said, so they turned their backs on us after a short 20 years.

good riddance.
Here's the thing JC.

You have got it completely ass backwards.

I respect the hell out of the Sedins.

The Sedins were the consummate hockey professionals that showed up to play hard and lead by example every single game.

Hank constantly talks about playing the "right way" which is certainly NOT the way that Brock (or Jake or Jared or Ben) had/has been playing.

So... if you're the captain, you kinda want everyone to listen to you right?

This is Henrik Sedin. Why wouldn't you listen to Hank?

Well... because ownership. Because of the lame duck imbeciles in our front office.

So... if nobody is listening to you and ownership isn't doing anything about it then... as the captain... what do you do?

You peace out.

At least.. that's what I would do.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
Use Reddit for a lot of other subreddits, and although recognized it was full of homers early on, naively took it as a place where there could be at least some form of rational thought. Instead it’s posts of “jet black Jim” potentially firing Travis Green and any mentioning of Jim botching one of the worst seasons in Canucks history(2016) and having nothjng to show for it, and sweeping it under the rug.

It’s a reminder that this fanbase as a majority is completely inept and incapable of critical thinking and anything other than towing the company line. I hear all the time how Hf Canucks is a cesspool for negativity and while that is the case, it’s for good reason.

When we we were a powerhouse our trash national media jumped on every and any opportunity to slag us. Now that we are complete shit and Dim Jim wants to provide his media buddies with scoops and info, after one soft ass month of winning, Dim Jims team was proclaimed by the media as Canadas best team! Can’t make this shit up. Unfortunately for us our owners are too stupid and only care about National perception apparently

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver

good riddance.

you have to have an Iq of a potato to believe this. The Sedins understood the fishbowl that they were in. They were company men and avoided controversy. Obviously they wanted to win, but they never made themselves larger than the team. They’re incredibly intelligent individuals and knew the shit storm that they would cause by towing anything other than the company line.

Reactions: vanuck

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Use Reddit for a lot of other subreddits, and although recognized it was full of homers early on, naively took it as a place where there could be at least some form of rational thought. Instead it’s posts of “jet black Jim” potentially firing Travis Green and any mentioning of Jim botching one of the worst seasons in Canucks history(2016) and having nothjng to show for it, and sweeping it under the rug.

It’s a reminder that this fanbase as a majority is completely inept and incapable of critical thinking and anything other than towing the company line. I hear all the time how Hf Canucks is a cesspool for negativity and while that is the case, it’s for good reason.

When we we were a powerhouse our trash national media jumped on every and any opportunity to slag us. Now that we are complete **** and Dim Jim wants to provide his media buddies with scoops and info, after one soft ass month of winning, Dim Jims team was proclaimed by the media as Canadas best team! Can’t make this **** up. Unfortunately for us our owners are too stupid and only care about National perception apparently
There's been one soft ass month of winning..and one hard ass month of losing..still a lot of hockey to go yet...

Its a reminder how stupid it is to base a whole season on the first two months of the season..but carry on...

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

good riddance.
Another quote to add to your dreadful resume of bad quotes......

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

When we we were a powerhouse our trash national media jumped on every and any opportunity to slag us. Now that we are complete **** and Dim Jim wants to provide his media buddies with scoops and info, after one soft ass month of winning, Dim Jims team was proclaimed by the media as Canadas best team! Can’t make this **** up. Unfortunately for us our owners are too stupid and only care about National perception apparently

This is a process. There will be ups and downs as a rebuilding team works towards becoming a playoff team. It's not a matter of 'towing the company line' to be supportive of that process. I've been a fan of this team through 2 other rebuilds and both of them sucked as well. But they were both also dotted with signs of better days to come and as a fan, I think it's important to recognize those glimmers and to appreciate the longer arc of what is happening, which is that the team is on a slow (perhaps frustratingly so) upward trajectory back to respectability.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

So....

Notice a pattern maybe?

Higgins got bought out because he couldn't play in the league anymore. Then earlier this year he took a job.. with the Canucks.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I can't get over with how pathetic the whole team was last night. I think the team officially given up on their coach. Last nights performance was inexcusable.

Major changes are needed.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I cannot fathom why people are on the goalies during this streak. How very David Pratt of you all. That it was only 1-0 after the first period was a miracle.

1st goal (disallowed): Dowling in behind both dmen, easy breakout for Dallas, both dmen go to the puck carrier in the middle, leaving the wing wide open and nobody takes the F2 crashing the net.

1st goal: dreadful change, easy out of the zone for Dallas, Jamie Benn has about an hour to take the puck to his back hand.

2nd goal: Markstrom rebound was weak I guess, but I thought it was unfortunate it went straight to Benn, who scored like an Olympian. What a shot.

3rd goal: 4 on 3 rush, Fedun probably should've scored on the first shot, Baertschi and Benn let him pick up his own rebound.

4th goal: Another odd man rush, 4 on 3 against, Heiskanen give and go...hard to blame Markstrom for that.

5th goal: Benn/Seguin/Dowling running roughshod against the 4th line. Maybe Markstrom stops that one, but Dowling scores in the paint in front of 3 Canucks.

6th goal: Perry breakaway

The team in front of the goalies stinks and has lost any of the structure they had early. It's like watching a practice against the Canucks D.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I went to this calamity, and it was a very sad display of something resembling hockey, but with less purpose and effort. This team has absolutely ZERO jam in its game, no swagger and no push-back. This team needs its own Tom Wilson type player, hopefully Roussel will help but we really need a bigger body mixing things up and getting scrappy in the dirty areas.

You mean 34 year old hasn't been in a fight since getting KO'd on the ice 8 years ago 4th line grinder Jay Beagle isn't doing it for you.

Also, I put the Schaller thread on ignore, but he looks like the same guy as last season too.

You just know their going to dress up missing Sutter as this key loss now too.

------

Who are the top GM candidates out there right now?

Reactions: mossey3535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad