GDT: GM 20 | Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I actually like a lot of what the Flames have got. I think the big issue is their top duo of Gaudreau-Monahan just isn't it. Gaudreau is really skilled and has put up a lot of points but isn't really a franchise leader and Monahan is really overrated as a top line centre.

Yeah these two are brutal. Gaudreau is constantly cheating and is super noticeable turning over the puck. monahan is non existent

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Yeah thats a trip, but they use to be teammates so either way

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Calgary, even when controlling the play, hasn't exactly been generating shots. They've had stretches of control in our zone but haven't worked the puck into the high danger zones very well at all.

The times they have most of the play has stayed outside and when they get it in canucks are covering well good d this game

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Yeah, score not representative at all. Most of the team was crap through 38 minutes aside from the Horvat line, which was outstanding. Calgary has had tons of pressure but no finish and we’ve finished everything.

Agree we probably played better in previous Calgary games.

Difference is we have actually generated rush chances compared to the others. Flames defense has been really leaky.

Kind of the large problem I have with Green, this 5v5 offence completely dies when the forecheck doesn't work and the odd man rushes are stifled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad