Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: February 17, 2021, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

1231192401.0.jpg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson - Miller
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Sutter - Gaudette
Eriksson - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Benn
Myers - Juolevi

Demko

Calgary Flames’ Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

Mod Note:

This is a thread to discuss the game between the Canucks and the Calgary Flames. Posts cheering against the team / advocating for tanking will be removed. It is not the thread to discuss the team’s management and their successes or failures. The thread for that can be found here: The Management Thread | White Hole Edition

Let’s stay on topic, and hopefully we have a good game to talk about.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I will be cheering for us to win, as always, but see the Flames beating up on us again.
6-1 Cowpies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Almost a guarantied 'win night' for the Flames. Canucks this year are generally awful on the road......one thing's for certain, either Demko or Holtby are going to have to unreal for them to steal a win tonight.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Eriksson - Beagle - Virtanen have actually been Al pretty good 4th line.

We're practically out of a playoff spot and the team has looked "wrong" for the majority of the games. We should be trying out new players right now to see how they fit with the team in a game. It's not like Loui or Jake have an earned any rope (Roussel shouldn't have any either but whatever....)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Alright people...
What we've seen from the Canucks over the last 4 games was pretty much what we were expecting.... In the fight, but 1-2-1, and needing a bounce or two to go our way... needing the PP to just come thru a little extra... needing just the extra save... THIS is what we should be the rest of the season. And it will at least be fun to watch from here on out. Right?

Too bad it took 15 games to find the groove and realize the level of committment and work that took em to the playoffs last year. Game by game... period by period... it's coming along.

Really liked Hoglander and Juolevi's progress over the last week.... very promising. Eriksson's zero event hockey is actually stabilizing. Don't want him to come out for a kid at this point.

Win the special teams battle. Keep the puck out of the net the first 5 minutes of the game. Keep the puck out of the net the last minute of each period. And just work.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
As long as they build on what they've been doing in the last week, I'll be happy..Hopefully, they've done a bit of work on the PP, which really let them down last game.

werent we supposed to be better than last year this year? Isn’t that what Travis and Jim both said? You’re “happy” with this? I guess I just had higher expectations that 7-11-1

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
werent we supposed to be better than last year this year? Isn’t that what Travis and Jim both said? You’re “happy” with this? I guess I just had higher expectations that 7-11-1
I heard them say they would like to improve and make the playoffs..I never heard either of them guarantee we were going to be better than last year..?..I said before the season started that they would likely take a step back for a year.

Of course I'm not happy with the crappy start, and they probably wont make the playoffs..Its a young core, and there's going to be peaks and valleys..As DL44 pointed out, what we've seen in the last 4 games, is what we were expecting at the beginning of the season.

I'm still optimistic about the big picture.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Bennett scores on the top line, and has gotten the boot to the 4th line ever since.

Love to have Bennett in our bottom six. But looking at their team it’s kind of obvious they are way better than the crap group we are icing. We have some great young stars, but the rest is just terribly inferior to Calgary’s Team.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I heard them say they would like to improve and make the playoffs..I never heard either of them guarantee we were going to be better than last year..?..I said before the season started that they would likely take a step back for a year.

Of course I'm not happy with the crappy start, and they probably wont make the playoffs..Its a young core, and there's going to be peaks and valleys..As DL44 pointed out, what we've seen in the last 4 games, is what we were expecting at the beginning of the season.

I'm still optimistic about the big picture.

what does “improve on last year” mean to you.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Eriksson - Beagle - Virtanen have actually been Al pretty good 4th line.
Did you see the first goal last game? They were completely overwhelmed in their own zone for like a minute. Each of them, together with Myers and Juolevi, had a give away or lost a puck battle. And when Eriksson wasn't losing a puck battle he seemed to be wandering around out there. I know you don't judge a player based on their worst shift but man that was ulgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->