GDT: GM 2 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 6:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
See, like on that goal he was down for no reason. Yamamoto was in the high slot, going to your knees there is suicide. But that's what he did a lot last season especially when he was more tired. Far side post shot when you've lost your angle because you were down early gives you basically no chance to make the save.

Some technical stuff to work on but trust us, he's made several terrific saves. Goaltending hasn't been the issue tonight.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
so f***ing lazy and disorganized. I’m already over the Joulevi and Myers experiment

I seriously don't understand how Greene thought these two would work. You have a kid who definitely has some growing pains to work through paired with our most inconsistent defenseman (of the top four). Put Joulevi with Schmidt.

Reactions: geebaan

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Comical team defense from the Canucks. After 4 years I’m getting awfully tired of it....

There must be a system reason for it at this point. To go along with some of the personnel issues.

We are executing Green's . . . system . . . perfectly.

You can't have your goalie stand on head if you don't play like chickens with your heads cut off.

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
Sure. But I didn't see all that, I'll watch the other two period tomorrow probably.

He's still doing a lot of the bad habits I talked about last year. In the playoffs with us basically turning into a Tortorella team a lot of that was masked, but in a compressed regular season you're going to see if he learns and gets rid of that stuff as he develops. We need him to develop.

Normally I would have expected progress with lots of goalie coach during the off-season but this off-season was not the same due to the pandemic. Another issue is that I don't think we'll see the same practices and/or practices cancelled due to covid - look at the NBA. Very challenging circumstances for Demko. Still have a lot of faith of him but I can only comment on what I see in the moment.

Part of that is a systems issue. Constant pressure against, odd man rushes and collapsing defense going into a tight box. The coaching sucks and this team has too many players that have no business being in the NHL.

Our offense has too much crap and the D is still a train wreck.

Even Markstrom looked vulnerable in many games last year. That happens when facing a constant barage of shots and being pushed out of a rhythm.

Reactions: mossey3535

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Mistake by Hoglander but he is at least attempting to be responsible defensively and push the play offensively. I don’t think that is something the coaching staff will be upset about. It’s a teaching moment. Not benching moment. Or shouldn’t be.

But this is Green so I expect to see Eriksson next game.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Double shift pettersson to get him into the season. If you are going to burn a game, might as well get something out of it.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Some technical stuff to work on but trust us, he's made several terrific saves. Goaltending hasn't been the issue tonight.

Yeah but I don't care about the game. I want to see him succeed in the long run. I care about his development and seeing continual improvement.

It's "easy" to make the spectacular saves with his talent. But then you lose the game over time if you make small (or in this case, massive) mistakes like that last goal. The real challenge with a #1 NHL goalie is how to maintain a high level over extended periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->