Post-Game Talk: GM 2 | Oilers def. Canucks - 5-2 (Schmidt, Motte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's been how long since they've added ANYBODY the calibre of Hughes or Demko? Not that I feel bad for them.:naughty:
Yes it's pretty crazy that they have been so poor at finding decent supplementary pieces
Your point was a false statement.

McDavid wasn't the only guy creating the slot chances. Puljujarvi had a number of them as well. 3 of their 4 lines were getting those chances.
Canucks outshot the Oilers 90 to 47 at ES in the 2 games when McDavid wasn't on the ice?

Last edited:

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
My prediction of us finishing sixth in the division looks pretty accurate after those two games. Yes, we got the first one, but in both games we gave up way to many high quality chances, especially when compared with how many we had.

That's a horrible take...........we are a top 3 team this year barring injuries to Hughes or Pettersson. BOOK IT

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This is one game where the Canucks really missed Miller. Didn't miss a beat in the first game, but last night they could really have used an emotional lift from the kind game Miller brings to the table.

He plays the game with passion and can turn momentum around on a single shift. Canucks would never have gone as quietly with him in the lineup.

Reactions: Rumsfeld

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
The first PP goal for Edmonton. I just had a feeling they were going to score. Edmonton's PP, they move the puck around well.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Hoglander's not the issue, but if you consider the giveaway that led to a goal a very minor mistake, then I'm not sure what constitutes a major one.

The coach disagrees with Juolevi looking like he belonged, he got a big chunk of his minutes when the game was decided.

I'll never understand folks who feel the need to call people bandwagon fans for not praising every thing about the team, nor the need to suggest their prepubescent. Enjoy the positives without attacking people who choose not to bury their head in the sand and scream, the future is bright.

And chalking up the slot chances and 5 goals from the home plate region of the ice as McDavid is just silly. If Travis is doing that and not trying to figure out how to not give up so much from the slot he's being an idiot.

Some fair points. There are some young guys on here who get entertainment from stirring the pot and,...there some guys who just see disaster every minute and,....there are some guys who just hate Green and Benning.

I am not an unquestioning cheerleader. Anybody could project that we have paid too much for less than adequate talent. Louis was a joke. And Sutter, Beagle, and Rousell are all overpaid.

But the amount of trolling on here is painful.

Reactions: VancouverJagger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad