GDT: GM#2 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @7:30pm 10/7/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
(Last season stats)
Detroit Red Wings(30-39-13, 73pts, 5th in Atlantic) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(45-29-8, 98 pts, 4th in Pacific):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30 pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
Previous meetings:
LAK 4-1 DET March 15, 2018
LAK 4-1 DET Nov 28, 2017
(Last season stats)
:kings:wings
PP/PK17th/1st24th/23rd
Faceoffs17th24th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 35 goals, 57 assists, 92 pointsDylan Larkin: 16 goals, 47 assists, 63 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
znzQ2qJ.png

nY0oAwz.png

zPW5sH7.png

Extras: Paul Ladue, Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Injured: Dustin Brown, Johnny Brodzinski, Gabriel Vilardi, Jonathan Quick

???????????????????????

:wings
y3Pq9JH.png

EzDia3n.png

K92DW7H.png

Injuries: Mike Green, Niklas Kronwall

cut.jpg

GO KINGS GO

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Less upset if it is actually Clifford and not Wagner, but not as happy as I'd be if it were Thompson. :nod:

Welp, time for kids to continue to step up. No Brown, no Quick. Ugh.

Reactions: Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Can we bring this boy up?

Glad to see Clifford sitting out for some actual talent. I was pissed reading this thread that someone said Wagner is scratched lol.

God, the Quick situation, that is brutal man. You knew he was going to fall apart very soon after those long term injuries.

Hopefully Cal is ready to take his place. Soon

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Can we bring this boy up?

Glad to see Clifford sitting out for some actual talent. I was pissed reading this thread that someone said Wagner is scratched lol.

God, the Quick situation, that is brutal man. You knew he was going to fall apart very soon after those long term injuries.

Hopefully Cal is ready to take his place. Soon

Would love to see Brickley in over Forbort stat, at least to see what he's got.

Would still rather see Clifford in, Thompson out. But agree that Wagner should stay.

And man, ever seen or played against a full-right goalie? That shit is f***ing confusing. Throws my angles off as a shooter completely :laugh: But as a righty, I can now do that cheaty above-the-pad, below-the-blocker shot that lefties have a better angle on.

Total bummer about Quick either way, hope they rest for him for this trip regardless, as you know he's gonna come back and try to play thru it. After putting a fantastic season together last year, I want nothing more than 60 more games like that from him to put the haters (not you) to rest. He's finally starting to get some respect again.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Not surprised with Quick. There were a few plays where he looked a little uncomfortable after. Doubt it's anything major, but this early in the season, why force it? That's why you have a back up.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Would still rather see Clifford in, Thompson out. But agree that Wagner should stay.

And man, ever seen or played against a full-right goalie? That **** is ****ing confusing. Throws my angles off as a shooter completely :laugh: But as a righty, I can now do that cheaty above-the-pad, below-the-blocker shot that lefties have a better angle on.

Total bummer about Quick either way, hope they rest for him for this trip regardless, as you know he's gonna come back and try to play thru it. After putting a fantastic season together last year, I want nothing more than 60 more games like that from him to put the haters (not you) to rest. He's finally starting to get some respect again.
I'd rather see Brickley in over Phaneuf. My god he slowed down even more.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

And man, ever seen or played against a full-right goalie? That **** is ****ing confusing. Throws my angles off as a shooter completely :laugh: But as a righty, I can now do that cheaty above-the-pad, below-the-blocker shot that lefties have a better angle on.

I'd really would love to see a Brickley Doughty pairing badly. They seemed to have such good chemistry that I haven't seen in a very long time in such a short time. Brickley is very very impressive to me. I hope they bring him up asap..

Oh man for sure. Also Quick played his best hockey against the Knights in the playoffs. But these injuries, he can't be relied upon to be healthy. Campbell isn't really good at all. Hope they give the likes of Petersen a real shot for Back up so he can start to move into a starting position sooner rather than later.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Not surprised with Quick. There were a few plays where he looked a little uncomfortable after. Doubt it's anything major, but this early in the season, why force it? That's why you have a back up.

Which surprises me a lot, players crash into quick so much even when he's not being aggressive. It's mind boggling he's not really protected by the refs at all.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Wish it could have been a somewhat reliable back up. Campbell gave me no confidence in the preseason but then again it was the preseason, so we shall see. Hope he plays well but if Quick is out longer than expected they should call up Budjah

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

There is a finite number of times the male body can do the splits and/or flop on your stomach. Quick is approaching that number fast. He's not nearly as flexible as he was 6 yrs ago.

He needs to transition to being more of a standup goalie soon, or he won't last beyond the 20 -21 season (or sooner)

And he shouldn't start more than 55 - 60 games.

Reactions: KINGS17

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
There is a finite number of times the male body can do the splits and/or flop on your stomach. Quick is approaching that number fast. He's not nearly as flexible as he was 6 yrs ago.

He needs to transition to being more of a standup goalie soon, or he won't last beyond the 20 -21 season (or sooner)

And he shouldn't start more than 55 - 60 games.

Sadly he doesn't have the skills to be a stand up goalie.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Am I missing something? People want to bench Phaneuf now? I'm complaining about Stevens and Fantenberg sure, but Phaneuf hasn't done anything wrong but "be slow." He's still in all the right spots and playing a valuable role. The 'nasty' is just an extra, he's not in just for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad