GDT: GM#18 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @5:30pm 11/16/18-One Day early Edition!

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Hot mess season continues!

200w.gif

Reactions: johnjm22

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I wonder if a competitive team could be pieced together by combining the Kings and Hawks. The Hawks can contribute Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Keith and Jokiharju is having a pretty good rookie year. Crawford is still pretty good. Throw in Saad I guess. So we still need 8 forwards, 4 d-men and a goalie. So for the Kings I imaging Doughty, or course, Kopitar, Carter, Kovalchuk, and Quick. We still need 5 forwards and 3 d-men. Add in Muzzin and Martinez and as long as Seabrook plays limited minutes he's OK as a #6 d-man. So let's add Toffoli and Schmaltz, and how about Kahun and Iaffalo and finally Brown.

Would this be a competitive lineup?

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Toffoli
Saad-Carter-Brown
Iaffalo-Schmaltz-Kahun

Keith-Doughty
Muzzin-Jokiharju
Martinez-Seabrook

Crawford/Quick

This could theoretically happen, no? If both teams swap players while retaining respective salaries, for example Kane/Toews/Keith/Saad/Crawford come to LA, while Lewis/Clifford/Thompson/Budaj/Amadio go to Chicago? heh. Or are there clauses from the NHL that would prevent this?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Iafallo-Carter-Toffoli
Hagelin-Amadio-Kempe
Wagner/Rempal-Lewis-Luff
Clifford

or

Kempe-Kopitar-Kovalchuk
Hagelin-Carter-Brown
Iafallo-Amadio-Toffoli
Rempal/Wagner-Lewis-Luff
Clifford

God is our roster awful...

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Iafallo-Carter-Toffoli
Hagelin-Amadio-Kempe
Wagner/Rempal-Lewis-Luff
Clifford

or

Kempe-Kopitar-Kovalchuk
Hagelin-Carter-Brown
Iafallo-Amadio-Toffoli
Rempal/Wagner-Lewis-Luff
Clifford

God is our roster awful...
You have our best bottom six forward this season scratched in both line-ups.

Disgraceful.

Wagner isn't ready for the NHL, and Amadio never does anything when he does get in the line-up.

Rempal and Luff can both get some games in though.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
You have our best bottom six forward this season scratched in both line-ups.

Disgraceful.

Wagner isn't ready for the NHL, and Amadio never does anything when he does get in the line-up.

Rempal and Luff can both get some games in though.

Wtf does it matter if the best bottom 6 player isnt dressed? You can change the condiments all you want but if the dish is shit it's still going to be shit.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
The entire team needs an overhaul to be competitive in the NHL. Other teams infused skilled players, while the Kings did not draft talented players the last few years. Now our roster is comparable to an AHL team. You can sub in Amadio, Luff, Wagner, whoever, it's not going to make a difference. This team needs a full rebuild. Need to rake in the assets at the trade deadline.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
My favorite thing on hfboards right now is people that criticize how each person does their roster, mentioning specifically who's crap, as if the entire team doesn't suck

Wagner isn't ready? and we sure that Kopitar ever left his bed???

at this point

Robitaille - W. Desjardins - M Sturm is a better line than whatever crap we're putting out there

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Only difference is one is in his early 20s and the other is 34. Both are on a tire fire team but I have way more faith in the guy at the start of his career than the end.
I'd rather have the young guy develop in the AHL. The NHL isn't a league to develop players.

Michael Amadio is Nick Shore 2.0 at the moment.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The entire team needs an overhaul to be competitive in the NHL. Other teams infused skilled players, while the Kings did not draft talented players the last few years. Now our roster is comparable to an AHL team. You can sub in Amadio, Luff, Wagner, whoever, it's not going to make a difference. This team needs a full rebuild. Need to rake in the assets at the trade deadline.

Temper all trade expectations.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I mean, at this moment, Anze Kopitar is Nick Shore 2.0.

Need people to stop evaluating player values right now.
Players are gonna be evaluated the rest of the season as I expect at least two more players gone by the end of the season.

Our team f***ing sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad