GDT: GM#18 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @5:30pm 11/16/18-One Day early Edition!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I said this last year, Peterson is going to make Quick tradable.

Kings can only do one thing right with prospects and that is spot and sign talented UFA goalies or draft solid goalies. We can also reinvent guys who were backups or struggling starters elsewhere.

Signed Jones and Peterson as UFA’s.

Drafted Quick and Bernier. Hell, even JF Berube is an NHL player occasionally.

Reinvented Scrivens (temporarily) and Kuemper.

Petersen will make Campbell expendable. Nobody is taking Quick.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Unseen footage of Kovalchuk’s post game routine.
ayPFtn.gif

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Calvin Petersen. Damn fine game. First NHL start, United Center and was best performer on the ice.

This is the first time in a long long time the Kings have 3 capable goalies. Quick will be back in 1-2 weeks and
I expect him to play well - maybe not like several years, but he still won the Jennings last year.
If the Kings are out of the playoffs come deadline, I suspect a team that has Cup hopes, will trade decent value
for him. This wil be good for him to get another shot at a Cup...and for the Kings, free up cap space and get a #1 or
good young players for him. Maybe the Kings retain some. GMs were calling Blake the first 3 weeks about Quick, when the Kings
were faltering. I am confident with Campbell and Petersen. The Kings problem is offense.

Another good thing :::: as King scouts / Futa talk and meet with college / CHL / Euro free agents, available players
to sign - they can tell them "Iafallo stepped right in and was playing on our top line...Cal Petersen goes to the AHL with
Quick and Campbell in from of him and the second year, he's getting some starts...and may well be #1 here in 1-2 years"
This will be a good selling point to sign more....Brickley, Rempal, Strand, Kehler. This has been Blake's best dealings he's done
and all of these players may indeed make some kind of impact MUCH MUCH MORE, than about 5 of the last 7 drafts!
Go scour the earth and sign more of these players! Heck, even Luff was a free agent signee a few yrs ago
and he looks pretty good. He's got some good tools and I know he can score goals.

Last edited:

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Is he going for it or just warming down, it could just be maintenance to keep the old muscles and bones going.

A lot of guys do it after games. They showed a bunch of guys doing it a few years ago after a playoff game. Helps with the lactic acid in the legs or some such shit.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Willie, next time these are your shootout selections: backup goalie, Phaneuf and Forbort. If you need a 4th, then the starting goalie can go.

Stop with putting in skill players.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Not mathematically eliminated
Go Kings Go

I have decided to keep hoping they win.
If they have a 5 game wining streak they could climb to 6 th in the division

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

Kings can only do one thing right with prospects and that is spot and sign talented UFA goalies or draft solid goalies. We can also reinvent guys who were backups or struggling starters elsewhere.

not with his injuries and salary

Reactions: 21Dog

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Reinvented Scrivens (temporarily) and Kuemper.

not with his injuries and salary

While I agree Quick isn't tradeable at this point in his career, still Petersen should be put as first string if he continues to improve.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I noticed Hagelin more than Pearson but likely because I was looking for him. Wish Kopi got that one in OT out of the air.

Petersen looks good. Real test is against Nashville if he plays.

At least Chicago got a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->