GDT: GM#17 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @7:30pm 11/13/18

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Kopitar just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that just stops caring. He's always stuck me as a consummate professional in every interview or personal interaction I've had. In the past when he'd go into offensive slumps you could always count on him to be a selke level center no matter what.

I just don't know what's going on, I refuse to believe he's showing up to claim a paycheck at this point unless something behind the scenes is very very wrong.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Lol at the ticker at the bottom of the screen. "Don't miss a minute of LA Kings action!"

And I hate that the the team itself refers to themselves as LA Kings. Why not just Kings? You don't see the Dodgers or the Lakers needing the "LA" part.

Its because there are too many dumb news stations that still think people are referring to the basketball team.

Reactions: The Butcher

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Chicago vs LA.............. gonna be like 2 over the hill old school boxers being paid a few more bucks to throw a few lazy bombs at each other by some cheap ass unscrupulous promoter. Or the senior tennis player tour, it's Sampras vs Roddick.

Betman's NHL working perfectly. Win a couple of times and cycle to the bottom. Try again with the next generation. Cruel but fair.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kings had 12 hits. Leafs had 8.

Tickets were sold at full retail for this supposed hockey game.

What a nightmare. What an unlikeable team.

That's being generous, the Leafs are basically the Hawks circa 2012-2015. This current Kings roster looks like the Canucks of 2015-17 no identity, no passion, no skill.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
gotta give the Leafs credit where its due but this team is f***ing TRASH right now. what the hell was that tonight?

Jun 30, 2006
Kopitar just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that just stops caring. He's always stuck me as a consummate professional in every interview or personal interaction I've had. In the past when he'd go into offensive slumps you could always count on him to be a selke level center no matter what.

I just don't know what's going on, I refuse to believe he's showing up to claim a paycheck at this point unless something behind the scenes is very very wrong.

I believe that’s the case. Can’t expand on it but he’s got issues.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, I lost my game worse than the Kings lost theirs, so there's that. But I'm fairly certain I have more points than Kopitar.

How does the team leadership not send a message at this point?

Let me know when you find out who they are!

How did he survive the mini purge?

My theory was no one even remembered he was employed by the team so he just kept showing up.

Every guy should be ashamed out there. The complete lack of effort or care is astounding. This whole season has been full of blow outs where the entire team gave up at the first sign of adversity. Nobody trying to change momentum with big hits, nobody face washing. Hell, when our own guys get run we just skate away. There has been something wrong with this team for a while, it first became apparent when the Tkachuk incident happened and it has only gotten worse. Everyone got payed and they won their cups, they don't seem to have any interest in playing anymore.

We've seen a lot of bad kings teams throughout the years but I've never seen anything like this in 30 plus years of following. I've seen teams desperately try to be relevant but this level of incompetence from top players is baffling. Actually it's really upsetting.

This 100%. This is the part that gets me. We've seen good teams and bad and bad and bad. Yet none of the bad teams have flatlined on heart/effort like this. It was usually a lack of true talent but pounds of heart; now it's tons of talent (relatively) and absolutely gutless. I bet someone could sucker punch Kopitar next game and that guy would just get a stinky glove for it at this point while I'm showing more emotion on my couch.

I know Blake can't do much right now but I expect just a total purge of just about anything over 24 years old at this point, there is no f***ing excuse for so many 'leaders' and veterans to be not only passengers but total spectators. And I never thought I'd see it from this group, not even Drew is throwing tantrums right now.

Reactions: King Trouty

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Best possible thing that can happen to this franchise is finishing dead last and drafting Hughes. He’s a real deal superstar prospect arguably as good as Matthews.

You can’t spin dead last. Everyone will need to face the music. Hopefully, Beckerman is shuffled around. Every franchise he touches goes to shit.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I believe that’s the case. Can’t expand on it but he’s got issues.
I don't think there's anything wrong with him or anything. He's just an incredibly passive person. He's not the kind of guy who's going to yell at teammates or emotionally lead his team. He probably truly believes that if everyone does their job then they'll win so he doesn't have to go above and beyond to will his team to a win.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Does anyone else think that Peterson should stay in the AHL? He's likely to get lit up this year playing behind a team/defense this bad. I wonder if it night hurt his confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad