Pre-Game Talk: GM 16: Pavel Bure Night - Canucks vs. Leafs - Nov 2 - 4:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betamax*

20 mins gonna be a short ceremony.. linden and naslund ones were 45mins-1hr

From what I've read in the papers,I think they are scheduling for a 3:45PM fans be in their seats to a 4:25PM puck drop. I think there's a chance the puck drop will be delayed until 4:30PM or longer.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I was 11 when Pavel made his Canuck debut. Immediately I went from fringe Canuck fan to watching or listening to every game I could... and I have ever since. It's going be cool.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I don't get the mindless Leafs and Leafs fan hate here. Is it just a fad? If so, don't complain about the Canucks hate because it's the same thing. A bunch of people just follow the herd and hate the Canucks because it's the thing to do.

As far as the Leafs go, they have a better offense than the Canucks and they're getting better goaltending so you're pretty uninformed if you consider this matchup a guaranteed win for the good guys. That being said, the advantage the Canucks hold is defense. It's practically non-existent for the Leafs so far, made evident by the underlying numbers. If the Sedins and Kesler can eat their defense alive then it just becomes a matter or getting pucks past Bernier.

Masterchief

Dec 3, 2012
not sure

I don't get the mindless Leafs and Leafs fan hate here. Is it just a fad? If so, don't complain about the Canucks hate because it's the same thing. A bunch of people just follow the herd and hate the Canucks because it's the thing to do.

As far as the Leafs go, they have a better offense than the Canucks and they're getting better goaltending so you're pretty uninformed if you consider this matchup a guaranteed win for the good guys. That being said, the advantage the Canucks hold is defense. It's practically non-existent for the Leafs so far, made evident by the underlying numbers. If the Sedins and Kesler can eat their defense alive then it just becomes a matter or getting pucks past Bernier.

Don't necessarily agree with leafs having a better offense but this game looks like a tight one to me. I actually have enjoyed watching the leafs play the last few years. They may not have been what they are this year but i have found their style of play exciting to watch.
I hope Hank and Danny have the foresight to know Bolland will be on them like flies to you know what. Personally, i feel they have figured that one out.

5-4 Nucks in a shoot-out

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Gunna cry like a little baby.

They were wondering on 1040 today if Pavel was going to shed any tears.

Personally, I don't see it in him.

Also, I think when they lift his #10 to the rafters it will be with the current logo and colour scheme. Too bad if they do because he never wore those colours. Seems a little disingenuous to me.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
The Leafs have been dominated territorially 5 on 5 but they seem to have the skill and wheels to capitalize off the rush. Any gaffes like turnovers at the offensive blue line are likely to end up in our own net. Kessel is also hitting a new high with his game. He's flying out there and doing a great job of distributing the puck and not just shooting it. I'd like to see the defense play a bit of a conservative game at first and see how well the Leafs hold up under a hard fore check before they try and open it up.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Really looking forward to seeing Bure out there. The man was incredibly skilled and entertained just about all of us.

Good luck tomorrow but I hope you lose. After tomorrow, rip through the west all you want. ;)

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
They were wondering on 1040 today if Pavel was going to shed any tears.

Personally, I don't see it in him.

Also, I think when they lift his #10 to the rafters it will be with the current logo and colour scheme. Too bad if they do because he never wore those colours. Seems a little disingenuous to me.

Ya, should be these colours.

canucks-005.jpg

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
The only way the Nucks win this one is if they get some secondary scoring. People are really underestimating the Leafs.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
@botchford
On linden not being there tomorrow for the ceremony, bure says "well, I have Stan Smyl here and Marcus. I have good company."

Not pretty.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
@botchford
On linden not being there tomorrow for the ceremony, bure says "well, I have Stan Smyl here and Marcus. I have good company."

Not pretty.

Is it just me or is Linden not an avid participator in the hockey world? This probably means very little but I have him on Twitter and I've never seen anything close to a hockey related tweet from him.

Hope this doesnt elevate into some huge issue, but it is curious that Trevor won't be there. I mean, Naslund flew all the way from Sweden for this. Larianov and Lumme are also going to be there. Kind of disappointing...

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
God I hope these leafs fans don't boo

Probably won't happen, but I do know ,hypothetically speaking, that if some d-bag Canucks fan demanded that I sell my tickets away solely because I'm a Leaf fan because they inexplicably have a bug up their ass about anything to do with the Leafs and the city of Toronto like one of the OP's suggested, then I may have to reconsider and reciprocate the blatant disrespectful behaviour that I was shown in some other way. Works both ways you know.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Only warning, everyone - do not bring comments from other boards over here, and do to make insulting comments about other fanbases.

Warnings, infractions and thread bans will follow. Let's not do this.

Betamax*

@botchford

Not pretty.

This is very interesting. Unless there is another important reason(s) to miss the ceremony, it may speak to their current relationship or lack there of.

Betamax*

Ya, should be these colours.

canucks-005.jpg

I wonder if the Canucks have or could have had the skate logo as a third jersey for this season and wear it for this game given the Bure number retirement ceremony?

Anyone know? It would have been a nice touch, since it will just be a couple of days past Halloween and the colours would be so appropos this time of year.

Defeatist*

Is it just me or is Linden not an avid participator in the hockey world? This probably means very little but I have him on Twitter and I've never seen anything close to a hockey related tweet from him.

Hope this doesnt elevate into some huge issue, but it is curious that Trevor won't be there. I mean, Naslund flew all the way from Sweden for this. Larianov and Lumme are also going to be there. Kind of disappointing...

I'm a huge linden fan and it does seem like he's removed himself from the hockey world. I do find it weird he's not here for the bure retirement when he lives here and this was planned so long ago, so there shouldn't be a conflict in his schedule. Bet he's doing a biking trip in the outbacks or something during the ceremony. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->