Pre-Game Talk: GM 16: Pavel Bure Night - Canucks vs. Leafs - Nov 2 - 4:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Will Kassian try another puck to skate to stick? :laugh:

The arena better be going nuts for Bure night. Please, blow them out. I never want this team to lose to Mason Raymond. You know Kes and Burr and Lu will be beasting. Oh yeah, Sedins will be going globetrotters vs. the Leafs.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Win for the team no doubt.

Saturday will be all about Bure the god. And damn does he deserve it.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
A non-Leafs game would mean that CBC would cut the beginning of the ceremony to show OT of the Leafs game. A non-4:00pm start has the same risk with the Habs/Sens game if there is one.

Should be a good game.

StringerBell

I honestly have no idea why a leaf fan would.

Should be neat. Cya Saturday. The 2 best canadian teams going at it.

Could still be bitter about '94 maybe? Pavel lit them up that WCF. Would be shocked if ppl booed tho.

Imuzi

Viaduct Villains
Mar 18, 2012
Representin' the COQ
With the 4-1 lead in the 3rd period and 10 minutes remaining, the leafs are on the way to a victory against the vancouver canucks. But with the combination of a horrible defence and terrible coaching , the canucks rally to win 5-4 in overtime

I am from the future

Or you're from 2000 and just changed it to the Canucks winning and not the Leafs.

I'm sure someone has the highlights of this game. Naslund was bossing it then.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Edler or Hamhuis, whoever that takes Kessel better not backskate and then suddenly trip and fall.... like we've seen so many times

LolClarkson*

Look at how fast the players skate into eachother to celebrate a goal in that Bure vid.

Auger

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver
The Sedins always come up big against the Leafs. Im guessing that they'll put Bolland on them, because their top line will never touch the puck if they don't.

snizzbone*

A non-Leafs game would mean that CBC would cut the beginning of the ceremony to show OT of the Leafs game. A non-4:00pm start has the same risk with the Habs/Sens game if there is one.

Came here to say this. With a 7pm start, the ceremony would not be shown as the 4pm game would still be on most likely.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Anyone who shows up at the door with a Leafs Jersey should be denied entry and their tickets should be put back up for sale at the box office.

Philosophically, I have nothing against Leafs fans, but this is a special night and as many Canucks fans as possible should get a chance to enjoy it.

If you are a Leafs fan, do the right thing and scalp your tickets. You'll make a profit. Use it to buy tickets the next time the Leafs are in town.

I am not going but even if I were the fact I am a leaf fan doesn't mean I can't come and pay my respects to one of the most electrifying players to ever lace them up. He might have been a Canuck but he was a hell of a hockey player, any hockey fan regardless of team should recognize and respect that. This being said, Canucks fans have equal chance to buy tickets to this game. The Leafs are almost never in Vancouver so expecting people to give up that chance is a bit insane.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
if there is ONE game on this entire schedule that I wanna win more then any other game, It's this one.

Let's crush them 9-0

Last edited by a moderator:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Will love watching the Sedins single handedly destroy the leafs, like they do every time they play against them.

I am sure slow ass dion will play on them, should be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad