Pre-Game Talk: GM 16: Pavel Bure Night - Canucks vs. Leafs - Nov 2 - 4:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I like how the Leafs do an Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver road trip and get 7pm, 8pm and 9pm EST starts, while Detroit does almost the exact same road trip but gets 10:30pm, 9:00pm, 10:00pm EST starts.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Don't like 4pm starts for home games. Late start for Eastern teams is part of our home ice advantage. Now our guys have to change their pre game schedules.

Also don't get why they'd make this game Bure's night. When the Leaves visit its always a fun atmosphere. Seems like a strange choice to me, but there's probably behind the scene reasons I don't know about. Woulda thought either Dallas, Calgary or I guess Florida would have been more relevant choices.

On the ice, I wonder if its time to send Archibald down and give someone else a look. Jensen might be a possibility after he's played a couple of games, but I'd like to see Gillis and Torts get a look at a few guys. Welsh on the other hand, imo has earned a spot in the top 12 until either we get completely healthy, or his play begins to slip.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
historically a team we've dominated, but history won't mean squat. need these two points to keep pace in this freak of nature division.

StringerBell

Awesome 4 start time, so I can't watch it. This is a Van home game.

After a year of seeing the leaf's media do and say everything possible to screw the Canucks out of Luongo, I really hope the Canucks make this into a statement game.

:rant:

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Won't get home till 6 tomorrow. Super choked.

Betamax*

I like how the Leafs do an Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver road trip and get 7pm, 8pm and 9pm EST starts, while Detroit does almost the exact same road trip but gets 10:30pm, 9:00pm, 10:00pm EST starts.

It has everything to do with a National TV audience. The Leafs are by far the biggest ratings draw therefore they put their games that is most convenient for an eastern audience.

Betamax*

Bure's jersey retirement will get a nation wide audience.

As it should.

I would have preferred a home game against the Flames. So they can endlessly repeat the Brown to Bure goal, and of course it would have been nice to have Flames' head of hockey ops, Burke in attendence!

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Leafs will miss the playoffs, book it. But I don't even care about which team we're playing saturday, it's all about P-A-V-E-L

3808185.bin

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Cool bananas. Canucks had to play a 10am local time game when they visited Pittsburgh. But the Laffs get to force an early start time so the babies back East can go to bed on time.

John Bender*

Bure really did not age well. His boyish looks don't really translate well to middle age. He looks like a ventriloquist dummy now.

..........regardless, the best player to ever wear a Canuck uniform and probably one of the best players to ever play....period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->