GDT: GM#16 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:00pm 11/10/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Calgary Flames(9-6-1 18pts, 2nd in Pacific) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(5-9-1, 11 pts, Last in NHL):thumbd:
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
Previous meetings:
LAK 3-0 CGY March 26, 2018
LAK 2-1 CGY (OT) Jan 24, 2018
CGY 4-3 LAK Jan 4, 2018
CGY 4-3 LAK (OT) Oct 11, 2017
:kings:flames
PP/PK24th/10th22nd/26th
Faceoffs6th5th
Leading ScorersIlya Kovalchuk: 5 goals, 9 assists, 14 pointsMatthew Tkachuk: 7 goals 12 assists, 19 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
K8Y8EQi.png

GLtc8oZ.png

i5o3NXE.png

Extras: Paul Ladue, Michael Amadio
Injuries: Gabriel Vilardi, Johnny Brodzinski, Jonathan Quick

:flames
UpRuAmy.png

Fze8mD9.png

QNz64oh.png

Injuries: Dillon Dube

cut.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Fun Kings facts:

In 4 of their 5 wins, the Kings have scored exactly 4 goals, and scored 3 goals in their only other win thus far.

In every single one of their losses, the Kings have scored 2 or less goals. In 4 of those games they scored 2 goals, and only a single goal in 6 losses.

9 losses have also been when they allowed 3 or more goals.

Struggling to score goals and to keep pucks out of their net are recipes for disaster, hence, they are the 31st ranked team in the NHL for those reasons.

In more positive news, this took place 11 years ago. Eerily enough, they also adorned specially worn patches that night to auction off the jerseys as part of a fundraiser to help aid firefighters.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Fun Kings facts:

In 4 of their 5 wins, the Kings have scored exactly 4 goals, and scored 3 goals in their only other win thus far.

In every single one of their losses, the Kings have scored 2 or less goals. In 4 of those games they scored 2 goals, and only a single goal in 6 losses.

9 losses have also been when they allowed 3 or more goals.

Struggling to score goals and to keep pucks out of their net are recipes for disaster, hence, they are the 31st ranked team in the NHL for those reasons.

In more positive news, this took place 11 years ago. Eerily enough, they also adorned specially worn patches that night to auction off the jerseys as part of a fundraiser to help aid firefighters.

That game was one of my earliest memories as a fan of this team. So much fun to watch when that team was so ****

Reactions: BehindEnemyLines

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Defenseman Drew Doughty said he has seen more of an emotional component in Desjardins’ structure.

“I think he’s just more about competing. Not that Johnny wasn’t,” Doughty said. “They were all about competing, too, but they were more about Xs and O’s whereas he’s giving us.… Not that he’s not about Xs and O’s but he’s more just about the mood to play, the confidence to play, to try and get some swagger back. Compete as hard as you possibly can. He doesn’t want us to be robots. He wants us to think the game. He wants us to think of all the options we have.

“Yeah, we want to kind of have one that we’re all on the same page of doing, but he realizes there are other options and other plays in the game that can make it not happen. He’s giving us a lot of options with that. I think the practice has been a little different. A little more flowy. I think that’s a good thing.”

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Thompson must have some good Elohim going for him, to keep his job in the NHL despite the constant suckage

watch him get a 3 year deal this summer

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

As cheesy as it sounds, this seems like almost exactly what some of these guys have needed--simply a mindset coach. How often have we said they were unprepared for a game?

We'll see how long it lasts, but they're making, for the most part, crisp, creative plays fearlessly, executing tape to tape passes finally, starting the game properly, and physically and emotionally engaged in puck battles.

Maybe some of the newer guys need x and o reinforcement, but the decade old vets just need a continual kick in the ass and someone to tighten frankenstein's screws.

GKG!

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Amazingly the last wild card spot in the west is still only 17 points. (87 point pace)

Kings are 6 points out with a game in hand.

Reactions: King Trouty

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Too bad Mike Smith isn’t starting tonight, Kings seem to have his number and backups tend to look like all stars against them.

Glad Amadio is playing and would rather see Kempe on his wing than Lewis. Willie D also had good words for LaDue, so maybe he gets a shot over Forbort / Phaneuf next week.

Reactions: King Trouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wish Doughty had the stones to drop em with Tkachuk to try to spark the team.

Doughty dropped em with Joe Thornton, who is a legit heavy frankly.

I don't think he's scared, I think he learned how stupid that was.

hate drew yapping, but I'm surprised that "doughty owes Tkachuk" a fight has been repeated enough that people believe it, given Tkachuk is the coward that spears people over benches...and gave Doughty the unprovoked elbow to the mouth, then tried to satisfy the stupidly roaring crowd by literally jumping Muzzin before finally settling on McNabb.

Would I love to see it though? Absolutely.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Doughty dropped em with Joe Thornton, who is a legit heavy frankly.

I don't think he's scared, I think he learned how stupid that was.

hate drew yapping, but I'm surprised that "doughty owes Tkachuk" a fight has been repeated enough that people believe it, given Tkachuk is the coward that spears people over benches...and gave Doughty the unprovoked elbow to the mouth, then tried to satisfy the stupidly roaring crowd by literally jumping Muzzin before finally settling on McNabb.

Would I love to see it though? Absolutely.

Please don't bring up the Joe Thornton fight. He was forced to drop it since Thornton pretty much jumped him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad