GDT: GM#15 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @7:30pm 11/8/18

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We were a Kopitar short for the win last night. If that guy played anywhere close to the 70 point a year Kopitar we have know it would have been a different game last night. Other than his first period shot where he was stoned by Dubnyk offense seemed to die when he was out there.

Kovy and Carter on the other hand are starting to bring it and that is a good sign. Unfortunately we need our first line to carry us.

I even seen a couple brief glimpses of Kempe earlier in the game. If the dude could be harnessed into a winger I think it would be a better fit. He likes to play w an edge and has the speed to disrupt on the forecheck. Get him on Amadio’s wing with Pearson on the other side. Give it a try. All three have skill and size.

Muzzin has played his best two games in two years back to back. The guy jumped into plays and literally hit anything that moved. If this keeps up I want him back with Doughty. That gives us 25 minutes of the game that we control the puck. Any other defenseman other than DD and Muzzin are expendable at this point

It was a crappy slow trapping game and we basically lost because we couldn’t get that second goal. I wasn’t worried about the loss as much as Kopitars play. Rip the C off and give it to Brown And let Kopi just concentrate on hockey. He looks like he is wearing the weight of the whole teams struggles on his shoulders

One thing I really like about Kempe--he's not at all scared to go between the player and the boards. Something that's changed since Sutterhockey is that defenders holding the puck will just turn their body to shield the puck while we skate by since we aren't grinding people to a pulp anymore; Kempe messes that up because he forces them, by going straight to the boards at full speed, to either face the puck and the play back to the middle where they're exposed, or to turn right into him, jamming the puck loose.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
At least Carter and Kovalchuk are building some stock. If they keep it up, you can sell really high on those players at the deadline.

But Luc will probably re-sign them to dual 8 year extensions because tHe WiNdOw iS sTiLL oPeN. .
spongebob.jpg
tHe WiNdOw Is StIlL OpEn

Reactions: Reclamation Project

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Going by your logic, Tyler Toffoli is our best faceoff man....he's at a 90% clip...I mean...that's completely amazing, he should be taking every....oh wait...what...sample size matters?

Oh...you mean his 11 draws, and Lewsis's 13 draws shouldn't really be considered....yea but % man....%

On a GENERAL note (so Winger doesn't think I am picking on him)

Glad to see the negativity bounce back with a passion....have we burnt the place down yet, am I too late for that?

Kings played extremely well in the 2nd, Minny adjusted, and the Kings did not in the 2nd...and that's the difference......but naw....let's just trash the players because we don't understand what their roles are...

You're something else. You really need to stop thinking you know more than everyone else when you clearly don't.

15 games played, zero points and a plus minus of - 3 bringing him up to -57 for his career. Hes a 4th line plug expected to win face offs and be good defensively.

You're right my mistake. The guy is doing exactly what is expected of him. Hes killing it in the circle and his defense is selke worthy....

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You're something else. You really need to stop thinking you know more than everyone else when you clearly don't.

15 games played, zero points and a plus minus of - 3 bringing him up to -57 for his career. Hes a 4th line plug expected to win face offs and be good defensively.

You're right my mistake. The guy is doing exactly what is expected of him. Hes killing it in the circle and his defense is selke worthy....

He's been fine, he's expected to win faceoffs, he's doing that, and he's expected to hit and forecheck hard, he does that,

He's also been ok defensively, he had one glaring mistake against Ottawa, lost his man, other than that....he's been fine,

Your problem is, you want him to score.....I guess, that's why you bring up zero points in 15 games...

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The Kings dominated possession tonight, but were outclassed by a good trap. I feel like you didn't watch the game based on your comments. I'm sure that the Panthers are great fun though.

Was at the game.

Carolina Panthers, by the way: not Florida.

Kings came out nice again and then faded. Not their worst performance but nothing to be excited about either.

Reactions: King Trouty

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
One thing I really like about Kempe--he's not at all scared to go between the player and the boards. Something that's changed since Sutterhockey is that defenders holding the puck will just turn their body to shield the puck while we skate by since we aren't grinding people to a pulp anymore; Kempe messes that up because he forces them, by going straight to the boards at full speed, to either face the puck and the play back to the middle where they're exposed, or to turn right into him, jamming the puck loose.

All true. Just wish pucks were going into the net from his efforts....last night, Pearson actually got one decent shot off and Kempe was in the slot, moving in and got the rebound and
a nice backhand shot, ticketed for the right corner and Dubnyk made a great save. I think he'll start putting some in. How the heck did he score like 15 goals in his first 42 games last year?
What is different? Except getting consistent ice with Pearson and Toffoli? And he had a wicked shootout goal as well.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You guys are simply falling in love with Kempe's speed while ignoring the glaring holes in his game.

He is not a well rounded player, that should have been built in the AHL. Right now Kempe is paying for the holes in his game at the NHL level.

Reactions: yankeeking

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You guys are simply falling in love with Kempe's speed while ignoring the glaring holes in his game.

He is not a well rounded player, that should have been built in the AHL. Right now Kempe is paying for the holes in his game at the NHL level.

I'm not at all disagreeing with that, I'm just pointing out one thing he does really well, since finding things to be outraged about around here doesn't take much.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

His skating is great, I saw him on the PK last night and cringed....he's not ready for that, nowhere close.....

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It's still hard to believe with Kopitar/Doughty on the roster and Campbell playing above average the Kings are dead last 15 games into the season.

I would imagine an ECHL coach would have got similar results. So the coach is not the problem I think. It's the roster makeup.

That, or the fact that Iafallo is outscoring Kopitar.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Pearson I at least see going after the puck and trying. I seem to never see Kempe on the ice and only ever notice him when he's getting a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad