GDT: GM#15 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @7:30pm 11/8/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Minnesota Wild(8-4-2 18pts, 2nd in Central) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(5-8-1, 11 pts, Last in Pacific):thumbd:
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
Previous meetings:
Min 4-1 LAK Oct 25, 2018

:kings:wild
PP/PK21st/8th18th/4th
Faceoffs6th9th
Leading ScorersIlya Kovalchuk: 5 goals, 9 assists, 14 pointsMikeal Granlund: 6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
K8Y8EQi.png

GLtc8oZ.png

i5o3NXE.png

Extras: Paul Ladue, Michael Amadio
Injuries: Gabriel Vilardi, Johnny Brodzinski, Jonathan Quick

:wild
AwytCau.png

tqzBqXf.png

n8vqFCQ.png

Injuries: Eric Staal

cut.jpg

Last edited:

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I have Anze Kopitar in fantasy and he is absolutely killing me. Please reassure me it's going to be ok? Bad luck? Maybe some posts? Playing well just not getting the bounces? Comfort me here.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I have Anze Kopitar in fantasy and he is absolutely killing me. Please reassure me it's going to be ok? Bad luck? Maybe some posts? Playing well just not getting the bounces? Comfort me here.

All of the above + whole team suffering coaching issues before. He'll be fine.

Reactions: Erndog

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He just looks a little flat right now, no injuries. I think he'll come around soon.

Reactions: Erndog

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
4-2 Kings....

when Kovalchuk says "I can be much better"....all of his teammates should be ashamed. except maybe Campbell. Clifford too. He can't be any better than he's been the last 3 games.
Carter and Muzzin are making strides to being their best.

Go Kings!

I have been so impressed by Kovalchuk this season. He has walked in and become more of a leader than damn near the whole team. I think beyond being the most offensively gifted player on the team, he will be a great veteran for the younger players to be around.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

13-14: 70 pts
14-15: 64
15-16: 74
16-17: 52
17-18: 92
18-19:

If you're seeing the pattern, Kopitar will have 40-some points this year. Next year though, 100+.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I have been so impressed by Kovalchuk this season. He has walked in and become more of a leader than damn near the whole team. I think beyond being the most offensively gifted player on the team, he will be a great veteran for the younger players to be around.

Yeah, I never in a million years thought he'd walk right in and take the bull by the horns in terms of production, leadership, and even fitness. At first we collectively thought he would just be a complementary winger and comfortably fade into the background, but he's truly picking up where he left off. He wants it.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Remember what Dean said about Kovalchuk: "There's no chance you're gonna win with that guy if you want to win championships."

I still wonder what it is that Dean disliked about him so much.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Remember what Dean said about Kovalchuk: "There's no chance you're gonna win with that guy if you want to win championships."

Russian bias. Plain and simple. I don't like how the media or the NHL community treats Russian players. They always assume they are playing for the money, don't care about the game, and have no passion. And yet, a lot of Russian players show otherwise. Just look at how happy Ovechkin was when he won the cup. I don't think I have seen any player more happier than Ovi after he won.

Same with Kovalchuk. Every time he scores a goal, he flips out in excitement. You can tell he is driven to win and not just collect a paycheck.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes

I've come around with Kovy but I wasn't happy with the signing to begin with.

The long and short of it his he used Dean and the Kings for leverage in negotiating a ridiculously absurd contract with New Jersey, only to leave the Devils high and dry by reneging on the deal 2 years later.

Like I said I've come around but there were certainly some question marks.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've come around with Kovy but I wasn't happy with the signing to begin with.

The long and short of it his he used Dean and the Kings for leverage in negotiating a ridiculously absurd contract with New Jersey, only to leave the Devils high and dry by reneging on the deal 2 years later.

Like I said I've come around but there were certainly some question marks.
Dean never wanted him. Even before the contract negotiations Dean didn't want him.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Russian bias. Plain and simple. I don't like how the media or the NHL community treats Russian players. They always assume they are playing for the money, don't care about the game, and have no passion. And yet, a lot of Russian players show otherwise. Just look at how happy Ovechkin was when he won the cup. I don't think I have seen any player more happier than Ovi after he won.

Same with Kovalchuk. Every time he scores a goal, he flips out in excitement. You can tell he is driven to win and not just collect a paycheck.

That's what 45 years of anti-communist propaganda buys you.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Kopitar stirs drinks

Kovalchuck stirs drinks

We need both to start stirring drinks together. It seems like the only line consistently dangerous is the 2nd.

Reactions: mrkolice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad