Pre-Game Talk: GM 14: Vancouver Canucks vs. Washington Capitals - Oct 28 - 7:00PM PST - SNET VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Ovi

tumblr_mmjhouERAt1sna8pso1_400.gif

:laugh: This is awesome.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
The Capitals are not that good. So that means we're definitely going to lose :sarcasm:

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Anybody else wondering if this will be the oft predicted let down game?

Perhaps, but Torts is giving the boys some well deserved rest:

@patersonjeff11h
Sounds like #Canucks have earned entire weekend off after 5-1-1 road trip. Torts scraps Sunday practice.

Slow first period maybe, but they should be fine.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I personally believe Backstrom is Hank's heir apparent, so to speak. That guy gets absolutely no love when it comes to stars in this league. I'll be looking forward to watching him as well as Ovechkin.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I personally believe Backstrom is Hank's heir apparent, so to speak. That guy gets absolutely no love when it comes to stars in this league. I'll be looking forward to watching him as well as Ovechkin.

Watching him tool the Nuge the other night was a delight, as much as I like RNH that was just great hockey from Backstrom. I've never really seen for myself how strong he can be on the puck. And tonight he was causing some ruckus on the forecheck against Calgary. Of course it doesn't hurt to play with the best goal scorer in the game.

Dada

May 12, 2012
When Burrows and Hansen are back, santorelli gets bumpwd on the third? Or Higgins

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
When Burrows and Hansen are back, santorelli gets bumpwd on the third? Or Higgins

I would like to see...

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Kassian - Santorelli - Burrows
Higgins - Richardson - Hansen
Booth - Welsh - Weise

Kassian and Higgins rotate based on play. Ultimately, we need to update at centre if Kesler is intended to be a long term winger. However, for the time being, it isn't too bad.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I would like to see...

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Kassian - Santorelli - Burrows
Higgins - Richardson - Hansen
Booth - Welsh - Weise

Kassian and Higgins rotate based on play. Ultimately, we need to update at centre if Kesler is intended to be a long term winger. However, for the time being, it isn't too bad.

You really think Kassian would outplay Higgins?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Perhaps, but Torts is giving the boys some well deserved rest:

@patersonjeff11h
Sounds like #Canucks have earned entire weekend off after 5-1-1 road trip. Torts scraps Sunday practice.

Slow first period maybe, but they should be fine.
Tortz is god.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

How will that change if he indeed inherits that role at least with respect to officiating?:sarcasm:

(eg., you can do what you want to a Sedin as you won't get penalized; but if either Sedin attempts to make a hit or check - two minutes in the box.....:shakehead)

Hope I'm wrong, but I see a letdown game from our team tomorrow. As long as we're not down too many goals after the 1st period; still think we have a chance (Caps ain't exactly a great defensive team).

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Same. I liked Eakins before I saw this much exposure of him. He's an ego maniac. Has the " I'm smarter than everyone in the room attitude" and acts entitled and acts like he's won cups .

Agreed. In every interview I have seen of him, he appears smug and arrogant. The whole Eller/Junior incident the media blew way out of proportion is a notable example. Eakins had no qualms buying into the nonsense and slamming Eller.

I can certainly see why Canuck management was put off by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad