GDT: GM 14 | Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Feb 4 | 4:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Not only do you get your ass beat on the score board then you are going to risk your health fighting a 7-3 game. After showing no toughness the whole game. It's like a combination of alain vigneault's softness and willie desjaridins skill level of a team combined into one.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Not only do you get your ass beat on the score board then you are going to risk your health fighting a 7-3 game. After showing no toughness the whole game. It's like a combination of alain vigneault's softness and willie desjaridins skill level of a team combined into one.
I7KGcmI.gif

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Also, very Canuck-like to be getting blown out and have the other team taking a run at your young star player. Usually it's the team getting their ass kicked that tries to show a pulse. Canucks are very polite losers.

Those Gillis teams would usually stir shit up.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yup. This is the sort of market where the stupidest GM in NHL history gets celebrated for squeaking into the playoffs in his 6th year.

________

Props to Benn for standing up there but he got wrecked which is sort of the exclamation point on this game.
ok....?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Good for Benn.

Normally I’d say unnecessary hit by a simmonds but this is what I think we are going to see the deeper you go in this season. They play several times in a row...players aren’t going to pass up opportunities to make opponents hurt. Just like the playoffs.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
You listed the three main reasons we are in this position. And the coach gor almost the same people playing good hockey last season in the PO. What has changed? The roster. Why? This is clear.
Not a fan of this guy, but the quote is apt: "You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want or wish to have at a later time."

Green knew who his roster was in the offseason. He had fair warning that he would need to adjust accordingly. Whatever adjustments he may or may not have made are clearly not working.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
You listed the three main reasons we are in this position. And the coach gor almost the same people playing good hockey last season in the PO. What has changed? The roster. Why? This is clear.

I wouldn’t say they played well in the playoffs because they didn’t. However, they were still very much playing for Green. This is something else. It goes higher.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
"I think we played well. You can't look at the shots, its about quality of shots, I think we kept them to the outside and did alot of things right."

Never seen a coach so commonly content with the teams play when they were infact, atrocious
Not that I don't think you may have a point, but Green has never been a kind coach to throw his team under the bus to the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->