GDT: Gm 14: Dallas Stars @ Boston Bruins - 11/5/13 - 7P ET -NESN (HD) - 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Need to keep the puck in the Dallas end for most of the night.

I'm very interested to see Bergeron vs. Seguin, especially in the faceoff circle. Not only is it a best vs. worst type of thing, but Bergeron is going to know every single one of Seguin's tendencies like the back of his hand. I would have thought that Seguin would have picked up on what Bergeron does to make him so successful, especially in practice, but it doesn't seem to be helping him much so far this year.

On another note, I will cringe so hard if I hear a "Thank you, Seguin" chant.

Personally I think the whole "thank you X player" thing is over played. I'd like to hear something new and creative for a change.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm very interested to see Bergeron vs. Seguin, especially in the faceoff circle. Not only is it a best vs. worst type of thing, but Bergeron is going to know every single one of Seguin's tendencies like the back of his hand. I would have thought that Seguin would have picked up on what Bergeron does to make him so successful, especially in practice, but it doesn't seem to be helping him much so far this year.

On another note, I will cringe so hard if I hear a "Thank you, Seguin" chant.

Me too...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Great news that Loui is back. Now let's hope the 2nd line can help the KIL line and score some goals from time to time...

Interested to see the Yeti-Kelly-Smith line that was very good in pre-season.

Let's start rolling!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What about...

"Thank you, you drunk immature piece of ****"?

Still better than the Sox brass trying start a chant in my opinion.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Solid, snark- and gossip-free story from D.J. Bean on the Seguin trade:

Chiarelli admits that when giving Seguin the contract, he “absolutely†saw it as a deal that he might have to move once the salary cap inevitably came down.

“At that time, we really didn’t have an inkling of where the cap would be, but my feeling was that if we had to move players, that Tyler fit into that category,†Chiarelli said. “I could say that about five or six other players.â€

When the collective bargaining agreement was finally signed in January, teams learned that the cap would go from $70.2 million last season to $64.3 million this season. At that point the Bruins knew that they were going to trade somebody before the next season, and Seguin was among the candidates. Seguin’s potential departure was an active discussion amongst the Bruins front office throughout the year.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/h.../closer-look-why-tyler-seguin-no-longer-bruin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I hope he enjoys being Z's toy tonight. If they come out and go after him then I think that speaks volumes of how the guys really feel.

I'm excited to see Pevs tonight and even more excited that both Loui and JB are in:)

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am willing to bet that Marchand has his best game of the season tonight.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
call me crazy, but maybe instead of trying to start snarky pro-wrestling-esque chants people should just focus on cheering for the Bruins?:dunno:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
It's nice to see Loui back but I think the 2nd line will struggle again, at least for a few games. It looked like they just got things going right before Loui suffered the injury and I think it'll take a little while longer to rediscover the chemestry.

I would love to see one of the ex-Stars score against their former team but I do not have enough palms to adequately facepalm a "Thank you Seguin" chant. It doesn't even make sense!!!

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I hope Thornton scores 4 tonight ... wait wrong Thornton ... oh who am I kidding ... destroy the Stars please

thornton_meme.png

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Oh Fordsie. The people outside Toronto don't even get to see half the bafoonery that we get to see on a daily basis. The head of MLSE even called him Tommy Boy.

Ford just delivers on the lulz on such a consistent basis... from his missed football kick and falling on his back... to staggering around city hall with a half empty bottle of brandy bombed off his face... to kicking paying customers from the city bus in order to use the bus for his own personal use...

The guy is nothing short of a legend.

He is an Adam Sandler movie waiting to happen.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
What about...

"Thank you, you drunk immature piece of ****"?

Still better than the Sox brass trying start a chant in my opinion.

Or something less offensive like "we'll drink to that". We should have our own chant though. I can't stand watching soccer but they have some of the greatest chants I wish hockey was like that.

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
I have no doubt that Seguin would rather be in Boston than Dallas but it's a shame that he couldn't get his act together thus motivating the front office to look to move him.

I'm not so sure...have a listen at the 2:50 mark..."If I got offered a trade back there (Boston) today, I wouldn't go" ...and not to mention the end of the clip... (at the 3:40 mark) "motivating?...100%... Absolutely"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/seguin-returns-to-beantown/

It may be sour grapes on his part, but I really feel that Seguin is on a mission to prove the Bruins brass wrong and will do everything in his power/ability to light up the black and gold....

My hope is that he catches a bad case of "Kessel-itis" and is invisible against his former team...but deep down, I have a bad feeling about tonight's game...hope Im wrong...

Go B's Go!!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I honestly never get why fans boo players that really had nothing to do with their departure.

Sure Seguin wasn't a playoff beast, but he never said he wanted a trade out of Boston.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
I'm not so sure...have a listen at the 2:50 mark..."If I got offered a trade back there (Boston) today, I wouldn't go" ...and not to mention the end of the clip... (at the 3:40 mark) "motivating?...100%... Absolutely"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/seguin-returns-to-beantown/

It may be sour grapes on his part, but I really feel that Seguin is on a mission to prove the Bruins brass wrong and will do everything in his power/ability to light up the black and gold....

My hope is that he catches a bad case of "Kessel-itis" and is invisible against his former team...but deep down, I have a bad feeling about tonight's game...hope Im wrong...

Go B's Go!!

Except you missed the part where he said he will come back here every summer so he must not hate the city that much. Maybe management but realistically it was his own fault that he got traded thats a fact. One thing that really bugged me though is at the exit interview he never admitted to his lack of production in the playoffs, he just brushed off the loss like it was no big deal. Oh well he's gone now time to move on.

Last edited:

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
Except you missed the part where he said he will come back here every summer so he must not hate the city that much. Maybe management but realistically it was his own fault that he got traded thats a fact. One thing that really bugged me though is at the exit interview he never admitted to his lack of production in the playoffs, he just brushed off the loss like it was no big deal. Oh well he's gone now time to move on.

...I agree...however, my initial response to the poster was more around how "he'd rather be in Boston than in Dallas..." and based on that clip...Im not so sure.

His discontent for the Bruins organization is clearly evident and it appears that he wants nothing more then to show them up.

David Krejci*

Seeing a lot of idiots on twitter saying they're definitely booing Seguin tonight. I know every fan base has morons, but jesus christ how can people be so dumb? And I was never even a big fan of his, though I did think he got kind of the short end of the stick from a lot of people. I bet the same people who boo Seguin, won't even remember Peverley. It's embarrassing.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Eh. Its always like that. I look at it like this. I'd boo Horton than I'd boo Segs. Horty wanted to leave. Seguin didn't. Sure, he did some dumb things and wasnt focused. But I would have kept him. He's going to be a great player especially now that he's in a system that thrives on offense first. He was limited here in Clode's system. Without him, we don't win the cup. So, you cheer him in the beginning and that's it. The idiots booing are simple minded folks. Let them be just what they are.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I honestly never get why fans boo players that really had nothing to do with their departure.

Sure Seguin wasn't a playoff beast, but he never said he wanted a trade out of Boston.

He probably loved the city but his antics off the ice said he didn't care enough about winning and being a part of the Bruins organization in general. I won't boo him though, though he only played a small role in the Cup run we don't get past Tampa without him. I actually won't boo any of those guys that helped bring the Cup back to Boston. Hope he matures and wish him the best in Dallas, just not tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad