GDT: Gm 14: Dallas Stars @ Boston Bruins - 11/5/13 - 7P ET -NESN (HD) - 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I heard Loui might play tonight. Any truth to this possible awesomeness?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I can't wait to watch Peverley carry the puck with speed to the outside, into the corner and do nothing with it. It gets better every time!
In all seriousness, when he first arrived for that cup run he was HUGE. Helped give us that 3 line scoring depth that we just can't seem to get back

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I'm curious to see if Seguin reacts to playing against Chara the same way Kessel did...

I'm positive Seguin will be booed by the folk at the Garden tonight.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm curious to see if Seguin reacts to playing against Chara the same way Kessel did...

How much ya wanna bet he doesn`t win a puck race all night if he matches against Z nor even takes the puck to Z`s side:sarcasm:

Ruff

Seguin is going to lose some of that rope if he doesn’t heed the advice of his coach moving forward. Ruff’s critique — which called on Seguin to have “stronger” “compete” and “get mad” — probably sound very familiar to those in the Boston front office. With the creation of Behind the B, we know that to be fact.

Sound familiar?

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/11/tyler-segui...wards-all-around-game-still-work-in-progress/

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I wouldn`t boo the kid at all, offered this fan a ton of entertainment for his 3 years and that`s what I watch the games for.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Not by me. I'll give him polite applause. And I'll stand up and cheer for Raptor Jesus.

Eriksson update, per Bean: Feeling good, passed his tests, "we'll see."

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I'm excited for tonight! It's been cool to see Seguin reach the offensive potential we know he had. I just wish Eriksson was playing tonight...

Let's go Bruins! Get this season back on track.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
A. First of all I hope if Eriksson comes back it better be because he IS 100% and not just rushing it.

B. Going to laugh if/when Seguin tries to dangle around our whole defense and fakes himself out and gets shwa-shwa'd.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I don't want to go as far as confirming Loui as a go, but he's been practicing with the team for 4-5 days straight, and recently has been greenlighted for contact. It'd have to take a major setback to not see him tonight, imo.

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
A prediction I hope doesn't come to fruition.

Erickson or Smith scores early and crowd does a "Thank you, Seguin" chant. Seguin comes back and scores either multiple goals or the game winner as the Stars win the game.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A prediction I hope doesn't come to fruition.

Erickson or Smith scores early and crowd does a "Thank you, Seguin" chant. Seguin comes back and scores either multiple goals or the game winner as the Stars win the game.

Trevor and I were discussing the chances of hearing a Thank You Seguin chant, which would definitely happen if Eriksson happens to score. I don't think it makes much sense in this case, since Seguin was traded. I mean, yeah Kessel was traded as well but there were questions long before of whether or not he truly wanted to be here. I have nothing against Seguin at all.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Story on Seguin coming back to Boston.

from sportsnet.ca:

Tyler Seguin will always consider Boston as something more than just another NHL city, but the question is: How will his first NHL city come to think of him?

As the prodigal party boy the Bruins were better off cutting ties with while the cutting was good? Or as the latest elite NHL talent the Bruins cut adrift only to watch star in another market?

Tuesday Seguin and the Dallas Stars roll into TD Bank Garden for the first time since the controversial off-season trade. He doesn’t know what to expect.

“I’m not sure if I’ll get booed or if I’ll get a little applause my first time out there or whatnot,†Seguin says. “But I’m definitely excited about going back home.â€
And not just because he gets to see what he describes as “a ton†of friends he made in Boston over three seasons there. It’s his first chance to stick it to an organization that drafted him, signed him to a six-year, $34.5-million contract extension and then smeared him on his way out the door.

Motivating?

“One hundred percent,†says Seguin.

Full story and video: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stars-seguin-ready-for-boos-or-applause-in-boston/

I know some will boo him.:shakehead

I won't boo as I feel Seguin was sad to leave Boston and looks like he considered it home. I know he is close to some of the B's. He is partly to blame for being a party boy but some forget how young he still is. I enjoyed watching him play many times when he was here and wish him the best (but want the B's to win ).

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
Trevor and I were discussing the chances of hearing a Thank You Seguin chant, which would definitely happen if Eriksson happens to score. I don't think it makes much sense in this case, since Seguin was traded. I mean, yeah Kessel was traded as well but there were questions long before of whether or not he truly wanted to be here. I have nothing against Seguin at all.

I have no doubt that Seguin would rather be in Boston than Dallas but it's a shame that he couldn't get his act together thus motivating the front office to look to move him.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Iginla - Krejci - Lucic
Eriksson - Bergeron - Smith
Marchand - Kelly - Soderberg
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Caron

Wouldn't mind seeing Soderberg with Bergeron and Eriksson, that could be beastly.

putabergeronthegrill

Oct 31, 2011
I am predicting a huge night for the second line, marchand pots a couple and people finally shut up about having smith on the second line...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm very interested to see Bergeron vs. Seguin, especially in the faceoff circle. Not only is it a best vs. worst type of thing, but Bergeron is going to know every single one of Seguin's tendencies like the back of his hand. I would have thought that Seguin would have picked up on what Bergeron does to make him so successful, especially in practice, but it doesn't seem to be helping him much so far this year.

On another note, I will cringe so hard if I hear a "Thank you, Seguin" chant.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
I'm very interested to see Bergeron vs. Seguin, especially in the faceoff circle. Not only is it a best vs. worst type of thing, but Bergeron is going to know every single one of Seguin's tendencies like the back of his hand. I would have thought that Seguin would have picked up on what Bergeron does to make him so successful, especially in practice, but it doesn't seem to be helping him much so far this year.

On another note, I will cringe so hard if I hear a "Thank you, Seguin" chant.

There's next to zero chance that a "Thank you, Seguin" chant gains any traction... unless Loui or Reilly score. Then it's up in the air, i bet we DO hear it.

If both Eriksson AND Smith score, i'm sure we hear at least some people chanting it. Or perhaps of Eriksson scores off a nasty pass from Smith??? Who knows... we shall see.

I hope they're not rushing Loui back, and i'm assuming the B's FO is not dumb enough to after what we've been through w/ concussions. It does seem to be quite a coincidence that Loui first game ready to play again is against his old team...

But he's been practicing for a bit now and i'm assuming he's fine. It must have been a lower-grade concussion he sustaine, which is good news obviously.

If it were a high-grade concussion, he would be out at least another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad