GDT: Gm 14: Dallas Stars @ Boston Bruins - 11/5/13 - 7P ET -NESN (HD) - 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Hahahaha this rules

I opened this (having not seen who made the thread) expecting a giant GDT about Seguin's return

This was awesome and hilarious. I miss Rich though :(

David Krejci*

Everybody's talking about Seguin's return, and yeah that's a big deal, he won a Cup here and was the 2nd pick and potential franchise player, but how quickly people forget what Rich Peverley was here.

As reliable a two way player as anyone, he stepped in when Horton went down and we won all four games in the Finals with him on that top line with Krejci and Lucic, including one game where he scored twice. Not to mention his incredibly valuable pk skills, every single inch was needed to win that Cup, by every single player. Both of these guys should get huge standing ovations. I was disappointed Ryder didn't get the ovation he deserved in his first game back, hopefully Seguin and Peverley get theirs.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Story on Seguin coming back to Boston.

from sportsnet.ca:

Tyler Seguin will always consider Boston as something more than just another NHL city, but the question is: How will his first NHL city come to think of him?

As the prodigal party boy the Bruins were better off cutting ties with while the cutting was good? Or as the latest elite NHL talent the Bruins cut adrift only to watch star in another market?

Tuesday Seguin and the Dallas Stars roll into TD Bank Garden for the first time since the controversial off-season trade. He doesn’t know what to expect.

“I’m not sure if I’ll get booed or if I’ll get a little applause my first time out there or whatnot,†Seguin says. "But I’m definitely excited about going back home.â€

And not just because he gets to see what he describes as “a ton†of friends he made in Boston over three seasons there. It’s his first chance to stick it to an organization that drafted him, signed him to a six-year, $34.5-million contract extension and then smeared him on his way out the door.

Motivating?

“One hundred percent,†says Seguin.

Full story and video: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stars-seguin-ready-for-boos-or-applause-in-boston/

Boston will always be your home, my sweet, summer child.

I miss having him on the team. I really didnt expect them to trade him. Sucks that he just wasnt a fit for this system. The kid is going to be a nasty player for many years to come. Hopefully he'll don the spoked B one more time in his career.

Hoping for a good game. Maybe Marchy will show up and release the rat we know still exists inside him. :laugh:

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Hoping for:

a) All cheers for both Seguin and Peverly. Both important parts in the '11 playoffs.

b) Loui to be healthy and play.

c) Loui and/or Smith to score and a "thank you, Seguin" chant to ensue. (we cheered, now you can go **** yourself, lazy and disappointing party boy)

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Hahahaha this rules

I opened this (having not seen who made the thread) expecting a giant GDT about Seguin's return

Love the Raptor Jesus angle! Bravo!
If you haven't seen the Stars' board's GDT yet, do yourself a favor & check it out.

so good.
tumblr_lyocc0Mvct1qgldly.gif

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Moving this to the GDT

Edit: The other thread was created first, so it's showing up before the GDT info. I tried to reverse the redirect, but cannot figure out how. If other mods are around, take a crack at it. Apologies, SoM.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I hope nobody boos Seguin and they better only have nice things for Raptor Jesus.

I hope the Bruins show up to play tonight because I am pretty sure the Stars will be motivated. Seguin would probably love nothing more than to score multiple goals against his former team-of course Chara will be happy to shut him down and Bergy probably knows his habits inside and out. Going to be tough for Seguin I think.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

So awesome.

Story on Seguin coming back to Boston.

from sportsnet.ca:

Tyler Seguin will always consider Boston as something more than just another NHL city, but the question is: How will his first NHL city come to think of him?

As the prodigal party boy the Bruins were better off cutting ties with while the cutting was good? Or as the latest elite NHL talent the Bruins cut adrift only to watch star in another market?

Tuesday Seguin and the Dallas Stars roll into TD Bank Garden for the first time since the controversial off-season trade. He doesn’t know what to expect.

“I’m not sure if I’ll get booed or if I’ll get a little applause my first time out there or whatnot,†Seguin says. “But I’m definitely excited about going back home.â€

And not just because he gets to see what he describes as “a ton†of friends he made in Boston over three seasons there. It’s his first chance to stick it to an organization that drafted him, signed him to a six-year, $34.5-million contract extension and then smeared him on his way out the door.

Motivating?

“One hundred percent,†says Seguin.

Full story and video: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stars-seguin-ready-for-boos-or-applause-in-boston/

Yeah, because winning a second Stanley Cup was not motivation enough to keep curfew for a month, and then party all summer?

Have a hard time taking stuff like that seriously from Seguin given the track record.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
C'mon boys right the ship tonight!!

As for Tyler I wouldn't boo him but I wouldn't cheer for him either. I take everything I see from the media/web with a grain of salt, however there is a reason/s he is gone after signing a huge extension and I trust Cam and PC that they were good one/s.

Pevs has my utmost respect though. Go Raptor Jesus!!

Last edited:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Hahahaha this rules

I just figured it would be all Tyler talk all the time, and wanted to give Rich his equal due. He was just as important a factor in the 2011 Cup win as Seguin was.

I was confused for a second though....didn't see my name and thought wtf? Where did my GDT go? Did someone not like the "Raptor Song?" Took me ages to find that. :laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I hope 49 and 19 get a nice ovation.. before having their ***** handed to 'em of course :D

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
stop playing like ****. simplify. don't let them breath. puck deep, win board battles, go to freakin' net.

dropped too many points playing half-@$$ hockey this year.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Ill be in the heineken room for this one. Never been. Any good?
My first game without season tickets. So sad.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Looking forward to my first road game at the Garden tonight. Was able to go to game 7 of '11 ECF so have been there but not for a Stars game yet! Hope it's a great one! Good luck and GO STARS!

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA

Allhail_zps6aa498c5.jpg

Prehistoricwallpaper_zps543a2fa3.jpg

PevsGoal_zpsc9a09015.jpg

DallasRaptor_zps509e3caf.png

Raptor-Jesus.gif

Projected Lineups
Boston

Raptor Jesus used to play with a lot of these guys. They get the mystique.

Dallas

Raptor Jesus and 19 other dudes.

Stats
Raptor Jesus: Career 393 GP, 79 G, 139 A, 218 Pts

SeidenMooseTransparent_zpsa6570442.png

From the loins of Raptor Jesus, Seidenmoose came forth.

P.S. Oh hai Tyler.

:bruins

**this GDT is sponsored by the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, located in Roslindale Mass.

Best post of the season.. maybe ever....:handclap::handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
stop playing like ****. simplify. don't let them breath. puck deep, win board battles, go to freakin' net.

dropped too many points playing half-@$$ hockey this year.

Agreed, the whole Seguin/Pevs returning thing for me is simply a sideshow routine that I am only mildly anticipating watching. I want to see a focused effort by this team, if they bring that, the Stars have no chance, that team is brutal defensively.

I can however see it now, Loui/Smith with game winner and chants from the Garden faithful begin a "Thank You Seguin" cheer:laugh:

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
tonight projects like a '12-'13 intrasquad scrimmage:laugh:

pumped to see the boys back! LSAT QOTD: if looch puts segs into the 5th row early, how true may we consider the rumors to be?:sarcasm:

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ill be in the heineken room for this one. Never been. Any good?
My first game without season tickets. So sad.

Let`s break it down Darren

A room.....it`s got the name Heineken attached to it

I`m guessing, pretty darn good:yo:

Heaviest beer I drink these days is Root but you have my share will ya

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So awesome.

Yeah, because winning a second Stanley Cup was not motivation enough to keep curfew for a month, and then party all summer?

Have a hard time taking stuff like that seriously from Seguin given the track record.

Nah...he got his ring, he`s good;);)

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
Everybody's talking about Seguin's return, and yeah that's a big deal, he won a Cup here and was the 2nd pick and potential franchise player, but how quickly people forget what Rich Peverley was here.

As reliable a two way player as anyone, he stepped in when Horton went down and we won all four games in the Finals with him on that top line with Krejci and Lucic, including one game where he scored twice. Not to mention his incredibly valuable pk skills, every single inch was needed to win that Cup, by every single player. Both of these guys should get huge standing ovations. I was disappointed Ryder didn't get the ovation he deserved in his first game back, hopefully Seguin and Peverley get theirs.
+1. :handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love the Raptor Jesus angle! Bravo!
If you haven't seen the Stars' board's GDT yet, do yourself a favor & check it out.

so good.
tumblr_lyocc0Mvct1qgldly.gif

crazy funny GDT on the D-Town board indeed, let`s hope Segs mother doesn`t hit the HF boards too often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad