GDT: GM#13 LA Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @7:30 11/3/18

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
How many more games does the 70s line need to gain chemistry?

The only 2 we haven't seen on a line together is brown and kovy cause brown was hurt.

Again the list of players staying the same isn't the answer. Let the kids play.
For who? The only kids I’m interested in are Vilardi, Kupari, and Clague.

Everything else is more third and fourth line ballast.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Gonna keep an eye on the Jones / Werenski pair tonight and of course Panarin.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
For who? The only kids I’m interested in are Vilardi, Kupari, and Clague.

Everything else is more third and fourth line ballast.

Just cause all you care about are 3 guys doesnt mean they should just stick with not is working. If all they have is bottom 6 as you mentioned, let them play bottom 6. Kings don't lose anything by swapping the bottom 6 out?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kovy Kopi Brown
Pearson Carter Toffoli
Iafallo Amadio Kempe
Clifford Thompson Lewis

This. How do you generate chemistry when the line blender changes every other game? Maybe play our 6m dollar finisher with our number one center for more than a minute.

They need individuals to generate some effort before specific lines will work.

People say Blake should do something to at least shake things up. Then Stevens does what he can to do something to try and shake things up, but he's supposed to keep everything the same?

Kovalchuk doesn't need Kopitar to generate offense. Kopitar has usually been better when he doesn't have that one guy on his wing. Had a career year with a rookie that had 9 goals, and Brown isn't "that" guy. Gaborik was great in the 14 playoffs, but most of his goals came from like 5 feet in front of the net, which is where we don't want Kovalchuk to be if we're following the confused meme we have going. We want Kopitar to go to the net, and if and when he does that, it's usually when he's the guy on a line.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Just cause all you care about are 3 guys doesnt mean they should just stick with not is working. If all they have is bottom 6 as you mentioned, let them play bottom 6. Kings don't lose anything by swapping the bottom 6 out?
They don’t win anything either.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
They need individuals to generate some effort before specific lines will work.

People say Blake should do something to at least shake things up. Then Stevens does what he can to do something to try and shake things up, but he's supposed to keep everything the same?

Kovalchuk doesn't need Kopitar to generate offense. Kopitar has usually been better when he doesn't have that one guy on his wing. Had a career year with a rookie that had 9 goals, and Brown isn't "that" guy. Gaborik was great in the 14 playoffs, but most of his goals came from like 5 feet in front of the net, which is where we don't want Kovalchuk to be if we're following the confused meme we have going. We want Kopitar to go to the net, and if and when he does that, it's usually when he's the guy on a line.
Yeah, that elusive left winger we have tried to get forever doesn’t mean anything. Let’s roll with “I’ll be lucky to score 20” Iafallo. Yeah I know it’s his freakin intangibles.

I’m sorry, I can’t stand seeing Kovy on the third line. I actually think part of Stevens problems are the line combos and lineup decisions.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Yeah, that elusive left winger we have tried to get forever doesn’t mean anything. Let’s roll with “I’ll be lucky to score 20” Iafallo. Yeah I know it’s his freakin intangibles.

I’m sorry, I can’t stand seeing Kovy on the third line. I actually think part of Stevens problems are the line combos and lineup decisions.

I've been on the fire Stevens side for a long while now, but there is not a single line combo that will save this team unless people like Carter and Pearson start producing, and even then the defense on this team is abysmal. They need a lot of changes.

Reactions: funky and LAKings88

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Maybe try bringing Kingston back?
51IwojhjlUL._SS150_.jpg

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

member 88115

These were the lines that had us success in the preseason and seemed to gain chemistry but Stevens still hasn’t used it . It’s seriously funny.

Iaffalo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Carter-Kovy
Pearson-Amadio-Toffoli
Luff-Thompson-Lewis
Its was frustrating until I just wanted Stevens fired (Okay, I might of wanted him fired after the Vegas series)

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
cut.jpg

Columbus Blue Jackets(7-5-0 14pts, 3rd in Metro) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(3-8-1, 7 pts, Last in NHL):thumbd:
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
Previous meetings:
LAK 5-2 CBJ March 1, 2018
LAK 6-4 PHI Oct 21, 2017
:kings:cbj
PP/PK26th/16th28th/25th
Faceoffs5th28th
Leading ScorersIlya Kovalchuk: 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 pointsArtemi Panarin: 5 goals, 10 assists, 15 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
mgs6c0A.png

Aq3IEaw.png

i5o3NXE.png

Extras: Paul Ladue, Sheldon Rempal, Matt Luff, Michael Amadio, Oscar Fantenberg
Injuries: Jonathan Quick, Gabriel Vilardi, Johnny Brodzinski

qf1PqZD.png

eRHCV6Q.png

WeVjB7B.png

Injuries: none

cut.jpg

Thanks for the GDT for tonight's game great work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad