Schaller - Beagle - Eriksson

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Florida Panthers' Starting Lineup:
TBD

MOD WARNING:
Lately, the GDTs have become hijacked by arguments between fans arguing whether it is better for the team to win or to tank, whether team is as a good as the record indicates or not, whether management is making good decisions or not, whether our team is headed in the right direction or not. GDTs are not the place for this discussion. The GDTs are to discuss the game that has been played between the two teams playing it. If there are fans who want to cheer for the team to Tank, there is a dedicated thread for that. If you begin posting pro-tank sentiment in the GDT while other fans are trying to cheer the team on, the posts will be removed and you along with it.

For the fans who are here, poking fun at the tankers (calling them the Bitter Bros, haters, whatever) is just as bad. If posts like this start to emerge, they will be removed along with the posters making them.

Lastly - debate the topics. Do not attack each other for having opinions that differ.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Any final word on the starting goaltender? Markstrom could use some time off, and Demko needs the work....otherwise he only gets one game on the California trip.

Florida on a back-to-back.....hopefully the Canucks can push the pace in the first period to take advantage of a team that might have some trouble findings its legs.

Sneezy

Oct 25, 2019
Heard LE may get in the game tonight because Gaudette just arrived late yesterday. Hope to see if LE learned anything from sitting, i.e. have some energy and skate or will be the LE we have seen over the past couple of years.

Probably start with Markstrom to get him back into the groove and then go the Demko in the next game.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
If memory serves, our games vs Florida are typically terrible and someone wins 3-2.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'd give this one to Markstrom, don't let him stew on that final 25:10 of the Capitals game. They've got 3 in 4 nights on the road coming up in California. I'd probably give Demko the Kings game and play the rest by ear. Maybe give the SoCal kid both LA and Anaheim.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Fast fast team coming in...
Worked the Oilers over last night.
A lot of experience on each pairing...

Their top line is generally a handful. Should be a fun matchup.

Looks like no Matheson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'd give this one to Markstrom, don't let him stew on that final 25:10 of the Capitals game. They've got 3 in 4 nights on the road coming up in California. I'd probably give Demko the Kings game and play the rest by ear. Maybe give the SoCal kid both LA and Anaheim.
I get the feeling that Green just gives Demko the Anaheim game. Likely to rid Markstrom for both LA and SJ. Be pleasantly surprised if he gave Demko both SoCal games.

Reactions: 420Canuck

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Another tough game...Beat the Oilers ,and took the Flames to OT..I predict a close game (probably decided by a single goal)

Panthers played yesterday..but its their 3rd game in 5 nights, so i dont think fatigue is going to be a factor for them.

Demko is the starter tonight.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Panthers are a good young team with a lot of depth. Connolly has had a nice start for them too. This should be a close game.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Barkov has 0g 13a in 11 games this season. Can anyone honestly say that there’s any doubt at all that he scores against us tonight?

Reactions: I am toxic

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Barkov has 0g 13a in 11 games this season. Can anyone honestly say that there’s any doubt at all that he scores against us tonight?

I don't know why we are called the "Canucks".

"Slumpbusters" or "Milestones" would be far more fitting.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Lots of hockey for FLA. Played last night.
Speed is the name of their game and speed is the one thing that's more heavily affected when playing back to back.

Markstrom is hot. The Canucks will be hungry after giving up a 4 goal lead last game.

I think the Canucks take this one 4 - 2. Canucks play a heavier game which will take its toll on the tired Panthers. Their goaltending is suspect as well. Canucks generate a lot of shot attempts, they have tired D who will be a second late to block the shots and couple this with suspect goal-tending....yeah Canucks take this one.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Another tough game...Beat the Oilers ,and took the Flames to OT..I predict a close game (probably decided by a single goal)

Panthers played yesterday..but its their 3rd game in 5 nights, so i dont think fatigue is going to be a factor for them.

Demko is the starter tonight.
Games on back to backs is nearly always going to have fatigue related issues, especially when yesterday's game was like a 10am game in their own time zone.

That said, I actually quoted this for the Demko start thingy. I don't agree with it for the reasons I listed above. Now Markstrom is sitting for 6 straight days thinking about the Capitals collapse. Definitely not how I'd have looked to manage the goaltenders.

Barkov is definitely scoring tonight based on this intel, probably a nasty shootout attempt too. 4-3 shootout win for the Nuckies.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Loui's first game of the season? Talk about a test of character seeing how he responds to all this....

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
How many games have we played against teams on the second of back to back road games this year? Seems like a lot...

lol at the comment "Markstrom is hot". Did they watch the last game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->