GDT: GM#10 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00 10/25/18

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Kings actually playing decently so far. I have a bias, but the defense puck movement has been better by my eye

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So now that he wont play if they lose is it still his fault? To some people the answer is going to be yes.

That tends to happen when you're losing. Winning has been, is, and will always be the only cure. That's just life.

If the line-up ends up being:

Muzzin-Doughty
Martinez-Walker/LaDue
Phaneuf-Walker/LaDue

Then everyone should be praying for a decent defensive day because it is a signal about what I've been crying about for two years: Martinez can't play RD, and we need balance in handiness. It will give Blake liscence to trade one if our SIX LHD, which they've been putting off because they stupidly underrated handiness and don't see the connection it has to moving the puck.

I don't expect LaDue or Walker to blow the hinges off the door, but I expect Martinez to be better on his natural side.

Is that what's been happening? Because I would doubt that. The only reason they have Phaneuf is because they wanted to get rid of Gaborik, so beggars can't be choosers. If they could've gotten a top 4 RHD for Muzzin or Martinez, maybe they would have, but there aren't many teams that have extra top 4 RHD to throw around. Plus they tend to be more valuable than getting just a LHD in return. Forbort, we complain about him, so no reason to think other teams actively want him. It's why Voynov has been the biggest hole they've never been able to fill, despite multiple attempts at doing so. Even with other RHD.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that's the kind of game clifford needs to play if he wants to play

stubborn in the offensive zone, throw the body in the defensive

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Wow. It's almost like being engaged physically leads to more of a buy-in and better hockey!

Thompson even threw a big hit. Win some faceoffs and hit people, Thompson. You aren't going to score so be useful in some capacity.

Nobody wants a losing streak like this, but the lack of fire and physicality is what has made it so much worse and is why it is easy to question how much they care.

Talk is cheap. Leave it on the ice. This has been better so far.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
in an age where we argue "distinct kicking motions" there's no way a sliding body should be able to direct a puck into the net legally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad