GDT: GM#10 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00 10/25/18

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
@Kylo Ren
giphy.gif

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Definitely stay positive until/when they replace Stevens , don’t think that AEG will allow a full rebuil yet , they are still printing money with the building mostly full and the restaurants and nite clubs full, starting a full rebuild will lose the casual fans that walk around staples with bags of merchandise , we are long time fans and will stay with the team , at least most of us , thru thick and thin but the new fans which aren’t really sure what’s actually happening will keep spending money as long as guys like Drew and Kopi are around , that’s one of the reasons they were resigned as much as production was , think how different the crowd is now compared to say 10/15 years ago this is LA and when you win or have star power they come out and spend spend spend , Blake will do what he can to keep us competitive so hoping for anything else is the real dream here ............. and to keep saying we were a 8seed in 2012 and got lucky while true remember we were two points from winning the division so as always Go Kings Go

That's a hell of a sentence.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I really don’t have faith in Campbell but he’s had some good games so he’s hopefully not made to be an excuse if the losing streak continues.

Good news that Wagner is back in and Forbort sits for LaDue.

The bad news is Clifford/ Lewis/ Thompson didn’t get completely caved in last game so that means Rempal gets scratched according to John Stevens.

As much as I’m down on the franchise, I wouldn’t trade places with a Wild fan. All that money to Suter and Parise and I don’t think they’ve even gotten to the WCF since.

Reactions: YP44

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It only took how many losses?!
October 25: Campbell in; lineups; Kempe; Rempal; evaluating defensemen; Suter - LA Kings Insider
–Another game, another look defensively as there very well may be three lefties and three righties ready to man the defensive spots. Los Angeles has eight active defensemen, and when searching for the right lineup balance Stevens weighs a wide array of criteria.
“For sure, all of it. Performance,” he said. “We’re going to try and just get something that works. I mean, obviously we’ve been giving up a lot of goals here lately. Special teams hasn’t performed the way we want them to. We want to play faster, and we’ve got left-shot, right-shot guys here, so I think it’s important that we take every day as it comes, evaluate performance, see if there’s something that we can change to make it better, and the message to the guys is, ‘listen, do the work. Maybe they can try John of you give them more than 5 minutes.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
So Forbort sits, and the article and comments complain about special teams, rather than be more specific. Forbort has allowed 2 PP goals in a little more than 20 minutes of PK, which is probably around 33 kills or so, which would mean his special team work is at about 94 percent, but who’s counting. PP sucks. Now let’s make the PK worse. JS is losing it.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
So Forbort sits, and the article and comments complain about special teams, rather than be more specific. Forbort has allowed 2 PP goals in a little more than 20 minutes of PK, which is probably around 33 kills or so, which would mean his special team work is at about 94 percent, but who’s counting. PP sucks. Now let’s make the PK worse. JS is losing it.
So now that he wont play if they lose is it still his fault? To some people the answer is going to be yes.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I like that JS is trying stuff though I would have preferred Dion sit

Reactions: efhank

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
If the line-up ends up being:

Muzzin-Doughty
Martinez-Walker/LaDue
Phaneuf-Walker/LaDue

Then everyone should be praying for a decent defensive day because it is a signal about what I've been crying about for two years: Martinez can't play RD, and we need balance in handiness. It will give Blake liscence to trade one if our SIX LHD, which they've been putting off because they stupidly underrated handiness and don't see the connection it has to moving the puck.

I don't expect LaDue or Walker to blow the hinges off the door, but I expect Martinez to be better on his natural side.

Last edited:
Reactions: efhank

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I like that JS is trying stuff though I would have preferred Dion sit
I agree. Dion should have sat first. AMart stats are horrible, but playing him on the left could be good for him

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If the line-up ends up being:

Muzzin-Doughty
Martinez-Watson/LaDue
Phaneuf-Watson/LaDue

Then everyone should be praying for a decent defensive day because it is a signal about what I've been crying about for two years: Martinez can't play RD, and we need balance in handiness. It will give Blake liscence to trade one if our SIX LHD, which they've been putting off because they stupidly underrated handiness and don't see the connection it has to moving the puck.

I don't expect LaDue or Watson to blow the hinges off the door, but I expect Martinez to be better on his natural side.

Who's the new guy.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I get the left right thing on D. But you still have to judge your skills at different roles on the team. Watson and LaDue both in the game is redundant. Neither of them will kill PK. So, probably looking at Dion, Amart DD and Muzzin. Who jumps over the boards with Dd?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I actually like Faust but what the f*** is he talking about? Does he not know Koivu is a center and Parise is a wing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad