GDT: GM#1 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30 10/5/18

Where will the Kings finish at the end of the season?

• Total voters

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I know everyone hates the "at least we got a point" mentality, but we are the best 3 on 3 team. Taking games against stronger teams to ot isn't just a stole a point situation, it tilts the ice in our favor at the expense of giving a point to a team that should finish ahead of us anyway. It didn't work out last night, but ultimately these type of games will play into our favor.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Eh OT game.

I think Quick should of had the winner. That play was predictable as can be.

PP needs to be better this year.

On to the next game.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Eh OT game.

I think Quick should of had the winner. That play was predictable as can be.

PP needs to be better this year.

On to the next game.

It's not a matter of prediction. That play is a damned if you do, damned if you don't for a goalie. He has to respect the shooter and hope his D-man can either take away the passing lane or he can get over fast enough to stop the shot. It's a very standard play goalies get beat on regularly, even the best ones.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Really don't like the team being soft outside of Kempe, Wagner, Martinez and Quick. I've said all kinds of things about Doughty in regards to toughness and leadership in the past; it's a good thing I haven't finished the research paper because last night's garbage is more support for my thesis.

Wagner's speed is amazing. I think we were all high on him after his last WHL playoff performance with some of us thinking that could translate to 4th line work as early as this season. Good on him for making an opportunity for himself in camp unlike a lot of prospects the past few seasons. He has sandpaper to go along with that speed, which is great.

Fantenberg and Forbort we're out there together more than once. That can't happen.

I don't fault Toffoli too much. He couldn't change or it was numbers the other way. I just knew Stevens would roll Kovalchuk out there to start and there would be zero chemistry. Then he follows up with a slower player in Toffoli. It just wasn't ideal.

I said in the beginning of the offseason that Wagner was my dark horse player to make the team and got laughed out of the room. People said it would take a magic spell for him to make it. The kid has all the skills and speed to be a top 9 guy. Just needs to work on the defensive side of the game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I said in the beginning of the offseason that Wagner was my dark horse player to make the team and got laughed out of the room. People said it would take a magic spell for him to make it. The kid has all the skills and speed to be a top 9 guy. Just needs to work on the defensive side of the game.

To be fair it kind of did. Depth chart opened up because Brown, Brodzinksi, and Vilardi all hurt.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Can you imagine Laine, Stamkos, or Ovechkin parked in front of the net on a PP? What a waste of a lazer like shot that Kovy possesses.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005

I don't know about the skills, but definitely the speed. I'm glad he made it though as I think he's the type of player LA is sorely missing. Gritty, fights on occasion, size, speed and leadership. This team has gone downhill since we lost the heart/soul guys.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
One thing I notice during the 3 on 3 was how SJ pressured the puck carrier as apposed to just sitting back and letting the play come to them. They did the same on the pp. Kopitar was out for 1:27, while SJ changed twice, then Carters line was stuck out there 1:39 and never touch the puck once, game over. SJ was again able to change players throughout the play. Just an ugly OT.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nice to see a 23 Page game thread. Keep it up boys! I enjoy reading everyone’s comments.
The more the Kings lose, the longer they will get. That's how it works on every team's site.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Honestly "we were just trying to confuse everyone" is the most arrogant, insulting to fans' intelligence line I've heard from a coach in a loooong time.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Honestly "we were just trying to confuse everyone" is the most arrogant, insulting to fans' intelligence line I've heard from a coach in a loooong time.
I don't think I've ever been on board this early for a coach firing, I don't even need the record to follow to get him there. There's no real disdain, he's just not cut out for this game on this level and is now playing chess with himself.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->