Online Series: GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just my opinion, but this show tries way too hard to push its PC agenda. Literally the only respectable men on this show are either non-white or gay.
What?

Most of the women are pretty messed up as well. If anything, Sam has changed more than anyone with actually turning into a father. There's a lack of men on the show (duh, it's about women's wrestling) and they are problematic character too. But... it's a comedy? Don't tell me you watched 10 seasons of FRIENDS and didn't think every single one of them was messed up, lol.

Bash is a pretty good dude. Sure he's got some bad traits, but that comes from growing up being spoonfed. He's a got a really good heart. Unless you were referring to him as a gay character, which was hinted, but I think isn't true. I think the romance with Carmen will blossom eventually. The marriage to Rhonda is played as a "throw a scent off the gay trail," but I think it's more-so to show just how good of a person he really is deep down.

The show is absolutely fantastic. Just because there are lesbians, or homosexuals, or whatever doesn't mean the issue is being pushed. I mean, I guess you could say any show with nothing but straight characters is trying "too hard to push against the PC agenda."

Two of the best seasons of television I've ever seen. The second season may have been even better than the first, which is unheard of when the first season is so good.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That's pretty much what led Dave McClane to form P.O.W.W. on his own and take the only wrestlers that had any talent like Nina Ferrari (WWF's Ivory) with him.

POWW was much improved in the wrestling department by working with actual wrestling feds like the AWA. They also did away with many of the skits, but kept the cheesy gimmicks and matches.
Haha, my best friend and I have vivid memories of a promotion even after that. We actually ordered the first PPV of WOWE way back when. His favourite was Wendi Wheels and mine was a tie between Riot and Caliente. They actually rebooted the promotion a few years ago (they just announced a contract with AXS TV for 2019) and Santana Garrett won the championship. This bring back memories.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not afraid to say it.. It's a pretty damn good show. The episode where they all changed personas had me rolling.

Oh yeah. The Christmas episode as well. This show just keeps getting better. The way they capture the essence of wrestling is really incredible.The match scenes are also really well done, even though of course they're more advanced or modern than in their time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TP

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got around to watching this show, thought it was great, really got hooked despite not being a fan of wrestling at all. Guess that's why I didn't watch but glad I finally got around to it. One of the better shows on Netflix and that's saying something imo, although I don't think I'll be able to watch BoJack Horseman the same as I'll keep thinking of Zoya.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I started watching this show because of this thread. 7 episodes in and its amazing. i really hope they bring it back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad