Gloves (Suggestions Please)

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I use Itech Pro 855's they are now six years old and its time for an upgrade... I like Itechs so I was thinking the 9900's or the 8800's But I also like the look of the TPS Bionics with the shorter cuff however I havn't got a good dealer in my area so I cant try on any of the gloves, But I was wondering for good wrist shot/puck handling would you suggest a shorter cuff or a taller cuff, It seems that the 855's with the high cuff restrict my wrist a bit, and that is how the 9900's and 8800's are built high cuff as well...

night-timer

Apr 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I like the look of Eagle gloves - try Fraser Sports in Canada- they tell me they can get them made in any color scheme you want.

I believe its X-70 gloves for a short wrist or X-71 for the same glove with a longer wrist.

Clicky here for a look!

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
after trying lots of models last year, my final choice was the Bauer Vapour XX. I love the feeling they give you when handling a stick.
if you like gloves that offer a "snug" fit, go for em...you won't be dissapointed

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Eagles my man, you won't regret it. I bought a pair of X-70's a few months ago and all I can say is wow.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Eagles were an option too, I dont like the mainstream gloves such as Bauer, CCM, Easton etc. I think the little companies get it done better. So I will have to check those out.

Happy Pony

Jan 17, 2006
Columbus
If you can find a pair of the Bionics go for it, these are the most comfortable gloves I have ever had. If you can find a pair on ebay thats the only place I have seen them lately. A couple years ago I picked up a pair of eagles (forget the model) but the bionics were so much better I sold the eagles after 3 weeks of use (at the time I was on the ice 2 times and inline three times a week) and just took the loss.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I've tried on the new Itechs, they're pretty nice. Eagles are nice too. And about the short cuff or long cuff, it's personal preference, I personally like a short cuff. And if there's a glove I like with a longer cuff, just get a size smaller and works out ok. I'm glove shopping now too, I've found I like the Itechs and Eastons the most. But there's a sale on Bauer SDPs which is tempting. If I had money, not sure about your budget, but get some custom ones at Cheap Jim's or MIA.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I found the Bionics all over hockey monkey a bunch of pro models cheap so i might go with that and if i dont like sell them and try out the eagles whats money anyway without hockey im a sad sad man so might as well spend the money and keep myself from becoming depressed

IlyaAlexanderMalkin

Jun 20, 2006
Coeur d'Alene
Gloves??

I have Bauer Vapor XXX's and they are great. They are a slick nylon and very lightweight.

I used some MIA's one time and they were some of the best feeling gloves unfortunately they were out of my range in price...

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
My 8k's are very comfortable. A little worn and I've only used them for about a year, so they're alright overall.

I really like the Bauer XXX and I'll probably give those a shot for my next glove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->