Gloves, gloves, and more gloves

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I'm currently looking for some new gloves. I like Easton's and would have bought a pair the other night if they had my size and or the color I wanted. I tried on a few different pairs of Bauer Vapors and I wasn't impressed. The Eagles and MIA's are sweet but kind of expensive.

Easton's: Smart cuff or no smart cuff? It seemed like a decent idea in the store but who really knows until you are out on the ice with a stick in your hand.

Eagle's & MIA's: Are they worth the money? Is their durablity and protection far above that of other gloves, or are you just paying for better materials?

Thoughts, opinions, and or rants...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
stick9 said:
I'm currently looking for some new gloves. I like Easton's and would have bought a pair the other night if they had my size and or the color I wanted. I tried on a few different pairs of Bauer Vapors and I wasn't impressed. The Eagles and MIA's are sweet but kind of expensive.

Easton's: Smart cuff or no smart cuff? It seemed like a decent idea in the store but who really knows until you are out on the ice with a stick in your hand.

Eagle's & MIA's: Are they worth the money? Is their durablity and protection far above that of other gloves, or are you just paying for better materials?

Thoughts, opinions, and or rants...

You really can't go wrong with any high end glove, although I have to say I'm partial to my MIA's. Very expensive (almost $200.00) but a complete custom job. Very comfortable (think Eagle X70) and EXTREMELY lightweight. I couldn't really justify the expense (especially since I was using a fairly new pair of CCM Pro Tacks) but hey, what the heck?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Look into some Muskoka gloves. Similar look and feel to Eagles, but much cheaper.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
The MIA's are a bit more then I wanted to spend. The Eagles are only a little more then I wanted to spend.

Here's the deal. My Nike gloves are in great shape, but have become a breeding ground for bacteria. I've been getting staph infections on my left index finger...not pretty. It just so happens that same area rubs a lot inside my glove because it's my top hand and my gloves have one piece fingers.

I was hoping to replace them before I skated again. I could live with one more night in my old gloves (will tape that area of my finger). But I just found out the new Eastons won't be in for another 5-6 weeks. The shop I go to carries both MIA and Eagles. I'm probably gonna head back their tonight on my home since I am playing tonight.

On top of all that my wife is nagging me to get new gloves because of the staph bacteria.

Allsmokenopancake

Jul 21, 2005
Donegal, Ireland
You could have your current gloves repalmed for $42, $52 for the finger gussets. That way you could just keep what you have.

http://www.fixitbymail.com/gloves.html

If you are looking for a new glove, look to the CCM vector line. I just got a pair of Vector 4.0.Now, I am not a high level player and don't need high end gear yet, but these are very very comfortable and protective for what I need. Obviously you can go higher end up to the vector pros, but go to your local shop and see what you think.

I got mine about 3 weeks ago from my local shop in Northern Virginia for $49, which I thought was a good deal, and I'm loving them

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be sure and let ya know what I end up getting. I'm leaning towards the Eagles unless I can swing a deal for MIA's.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I ended up getting a pair of Eagle X70's. You guys were 100% right, awesome glove. I am kicking myself for waiting this long to get a pair. I'm glad I spent the extra cash and went with Eagle's.

I had to keep reminding myself that I could completely close my hand around the top of my stick (gotta love those 2 piece fingers). Something my Nike's wouldn't let me do. It felt like I was wearing a pair of leather work gloves. In a good way of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad