Glove Selection Help

Copeland

Sep 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
OK it looks like I'm gonna have to go with the junior sizes... 10... Recommendations? I know the suggestions for senior sizes, but it seems like there's only a few of those available in junior sizes, and of those, some of them seem to be sold out o_O

Anyway, suggestions? Best value for price, beginner to intermediate.

beth

Sep 10, 2010
Bellevue, WA
How did you come up with that size? Because 10" is like mite/squirt size. I have extra-small girl hands and I'm 12" in junior gloves (but the ones I use are 13").

EDIT: I need to amend my post. 12" gloves are actually way too small for me. I just got a new pair of Bauer One55 gloves and the 13" were perfect.

Last edited:

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
How old are you and how small are your hands? I'm a senior player and have small hands. I wear a 13 in Bauer Supreme/Vapor, but that's cause they are form fitting. However for most 4 roll/traditional fit gloves I have to wear a size 12(.5 if they have it). In missions, I once wore a 11 until I realized it was too small (caused chaffing) and the cuff was too short.

I suggest getting the supremes cause they tend to hug the hand better. Basically, get a glove that says it has a contoured fit. If you're not a fan of a tight glove, a tapered fit may be better cause even if it's loose...it'll hold onto your fingers a bit better.

Copeland

Sep 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I dunno, I tried a 10 (an X:60 for which they only had one hand......) and it fit better than all the other higher sizes, so... :laugh:

And in trying the higher sizes to compare different gloves, I felt the snug fitting ones were better, so maybe you have some recommendations for contoured/snug junior sizes?

So in the Supremes, which number would provide the most protection/performance without ridiculous pricing?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'm 5'8 and have small hands. I use 12" 4-roll gloves (TPS R8). I used to use 13" gloves that were tighter fitting (line One75's, CCM Vectors, etc) but they would still feel a bit loose. I like them super tight at first and then they break in and feel awesome.

If you do end up with 10" gloves, make sure there's not too big of a gap between your elbow pad and your glove cuff. I use older JOFA style elbows that are really long, but you might also consider slash guards.

The other thing to consider is that some junior gloves don't have as much padding as senior models. I look for plastic inserts in the fingers and backroll, thumb lock, etc.

I used Supreme One75's for a while but they don't have much protection and my fingers were getting beat up. Great gloves for the money I'd recommend are:
- Bauer Vapor X40
- Bauer Pro 4 Roll
- CCM 4 Roll Pro
- Warrior Bully

Copeland

Sep 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for everyone's replies. I finally managed to find a store carrying 10" in the recommended gloves! Finally. Got to go home happy with some black X:40s :yo:

The X:40 fit slightly looser than the X:60, so even these 10s aren't quite as snug as I would like them... But going down a smaller size isn't viable due to finger length, so it'll have to do. Hope they don't break in too much...

Copeland

Sep 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
BTW, is your name based off the band or something else?

LOL no I never even knew a band existed by that name... My username is based off ReBoot, the keytool of the Prime Guardian is named Copeland (well, technically, "Copland", but I adopted this name for web stuff way before I ever saw the keytool's name spelled out on the Internet and didn't see a point in changing my ways :laugh: ) Here's some info if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I gotta get some dryland stickhandling in with these gloves before I go to the Stick & Puck on Friday... :scared:

Nichenew

Feb 4, 2010
Thanks for everyone's replies. I finally managed to find a store carrying 10" in the recommended gloves! Finally. Got to go home happy with some black X:40s :yo:

The X:40 fit slightly looser than the X:60, so even these 10s aren't quite as snug as I would like them... But going down a smaller size isn't viable due to finger length, so it'll have to do. Hope they don't break in too much...

Great choice, they are the only glove comparable to the x:60 because of the natural glove flex that you get. The x:30 are a good option as well if you want a cheaper version. Flex won't be as good but the breathability and the foam will eventually break down to a sock like fit. Another option if you want more movability, consider warrior gloves. They lack in comfort but improve your wrist shot IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad