Glove half sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
I haven't bought a new pair of gloves in about five years. Needless to say the palms and fingers are falling apart. The thing is when I look online they only seem to have gloves in full inch sizes whereas the gloves I've used in the past have been 13.5". My current gloves are Easton Z-air and I'd like to stick with the Easton but they're hard to find as well. So my question really boils down to does Easton still make gloves (I'm sure they do, but I haven't seen any online really), and if so, half sizes? Now if they don't make half sizes any more would you rather have smaller gloves or bigger gloves.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Did a quick search on some online stores...there def arn't half sizes for Easton gloves at least. But my quick eBay search turned up 4 listings for 13.5" in the first half page. Think companies might be able to make you a custom glove, cept dunno if Easton does that. And in that case, go with a smaller glove...I do that so I can have better control. But be sure to waer slash guards if they come up short.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm the same. Have had a pair of Easton's (Ultra lite or something?) for about 5 years and they're 13.5 inches.

I think my size in Easton's is technically considered a senior size.. But my my choice for my next pair is Eagle and I happen to be their largest intermediate size (13"). All manufacturer's size differently so while you may be a half size in Easton, you may not be for Bauer or TPS.

However, if you don't have any LHS at your disposal your best bet is to stick with what you know, and that's Easton.

http://hockeymonkey.com
http://1800faceoff.com

Last edited:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
crashlanding said:
I haven't bought a new pair of gloves in about five years. Needless to say the palms and fingers are falling apart. The thing is when I look online they only seem to have gloves in full inch sizes whereas the gloves I've used in the past have been 13.5". My current gloves are Easton Z-air and I'd like to stick with the Easton but they're hard to find as well. So my question really boils down to does Easton still make gloves (I'm sure they do, but I haven't seen any online really), and if so, half sizes? Now if they don't make half sizes any more would you rather have smaller gloves or bigger gloves.

I'd rather have smaller ones, remember when you sweat things tend to stretch out anyway. Also, elbow pads come further down on your forarm now than they used to.

Gloves too big will be a disaster, your hands will be swimming in them causing the fingers to slip out messing with your grip when you need it most. I'd suggest 13's.

Don't make the mistake I made, I spent top dollar on fancy gloves because I always had middle of the road. I actually miss my old ones. Although the new ones dry faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad