Global News Winnipeg: Vegas security taking Canadian flags, throwing them in garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If someone has an actual, credible link to cite as a source for saying this happened, feel free to start a new thread and cite said source.

But we're not going to traffic in hearsay especially with a subject as touchy and prone to inciting flames, trolling and other rules violations as this is.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
If it's true, as a Canadian, I support it. It's sports, things are meant to get dirty.
If a Canadian team did the same to opposing American fans I'd support it as well - as would many more than this scenario, I suspect.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
200w.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
As Ron and Don pointed out - somebody in Knights management told the anthem singer what he did in Game 3 was unacceptable

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
Kinda disrespectful imo. Obviously they're not just going to take it home and keep it but at I wouldn't throw someones flag out right in front of them. That said, who brings a Canada flag to an NHL game lol?

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
That's bs if true. If for whatever reason there's one American flag at the game Sunday take it away. How'd everybody feel about that, throwing an American flag in the garbage. That's a no-no right? Be honest.

Reactions: rosenqvist

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Can you imagine the massive outrage if the Winnipeg security threw the American flag in the trash :laugh: It'll go full political and become a diplomatic crisis lol

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I’ve been to 50 plus games at T-Mobile and I’ll say that if any of this was true I’d be very surprised. Like, more surprised than if I woke up with an ear on my forehead.

We’ve got douche fans (5% or so) but I’ve never seen anything everywhere that leads me to believe that the team would ever do anything shitty.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm closing this

I reopened it only because a credible Canadian network reported it, but this thread would just become a toxic waste dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad