Global Hockey Federation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVanek26*

That site is obviously a joke."Fans like low scoring games...clutching and grabbing also"

Yeah right.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
DanielBriere48 said:
That site is obviously a joke."Fans like low scoring games...clutching and grabbing also"

Yeah right.

yeah I agree, high scoring games are way more entertaining to watch

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The Global Hockey League is not real. It is a parody of the WHA created in all likelihood by someone lurking on the official WHA message board. It is not too impressive yet, but their most reccent "press statement" is damm funny!

In a press conference held at eight this morning Commissioner Kinmy stated about the intended style of play: "The WHA, if it gets of the ground, which is unlikely, intends to have a fast paced fire-wagon approach to hockey. Quick players and high scores. Well what happens to the defensive players? They're out of a job. The GHF has the intention on signing them. We think that fans enjoy the low scoring games. Just look at the NHL in recent years. If fans wanted high scores they'd go to a basketball game. They want defense. Slow, methodical, team defense, obstruction, clutch-and-grab, a coach's game in essence. Time will prove either the WHA or us wrong. :lol

Source: global Hockey Federation

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Jets4Life said:
If fans wanted high scores they'd go to a basketball game. They want defense. Slow, methodical, team defense, obstruction, clutch-and-grab, a coach's game in essence. Time will prove either the WHA or us wrong.[/I] :lol

Source: global Hockey Federation

Hahaha!! :lol

TT

Jul 30, 2004
With the NHL looking like it may be heading to a 'lock out' there will be a lot of talk of a number of new leagues starting up, ready to take the hockey limelight for a season at least...

But to be honest, I can't see the GHF getting off the ground as its simply a too ambitious to have a multi-continental league and to have teams ready for the start of Autumn would be nye on impossible...

Altho' there has been talk that a one Ted Turner maybe behind the GHF!!!

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
TT said:
With the NHL looking like it may be heading to a 'lock out' there will be a lot of talk of a number of new leagues starting up, ready to take the hockey limelight for a season at least...

But to be honest, I can't see the GHF getting off the ground as its simply a too ambitious to have a multi-continental league and to have teams ready for the start of Autumn would be nye on impossible...

Altho' there has been talk that a one Ted Turner maybe behind the GHF!!!

This league is bologne. They mention press conferences everyday, yet there is no news anywhere but their website. I have Google news alerts, and never once have they found an article on this league. Add to that the comments on the league's proposed style of play and you know this is a joke.

Last edited:

coolguy21415

Jul 17, 2003
The best part of that IHA, which *could* be a legitimate new hockey league, is that it's sponsored by Gong Show Gear. This itself is fairly funny, but the best part is that the caption above the picture in the lower right is "Gong Show Goalie of the Week".

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that.

I also enjoy the fact that you can email them if you want to have an expansion franchise.

Is this supposed to be the minors for WHA? This whole thing reminds me of that terrible CBL thing last year, except they had at least signed players, and failed because it sucked, not because it was poorly organised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->