Injury Report: Glendening out for “a little while”

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Christopher Ehn likely takes his spot. Either him or Turgeon gets called up.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
I would never wish an injury upon someone, especially someone with the heart and compete level of glendening. So we love you, get well soon, but at least blash cant play you where you dont belong.

After he and abby got hurt last night we FINALLY got a decent 2nd line.

Aa-fil-svech next 5-10 games. Give them time and stop shaking up the lines blashill. They had good pressure and opportunities, now they just need to bury them.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
that's why the wings are in last place they carry stiffs like 41.

You're going to be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who doesn't wholeheartedly disagree with you. If you think Luke Glendening is the source of this team's woes I seriously question your understanding of the game and the composition of the team. If utilized properly, Glendening is one of the best 4th line shutdown centers in the league. Problem is, this roster is so devoid of talent he isn't allowed to play that role.

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014

They're in last place because they're so devoid of talent and the coach is an idiot, so he plays a very good 4th line defensive center as a winger on a scoring line.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I would never wish an injury upon someone, especially someone with the heart and compete level of glendening. So we love you, get well soon, but at least blash cant play you where you dont belong.

Aa-fil-svech next 5-10 games. Give them time and stop shaking up the lines blashill. They had good pressure and opportunities, now they just need to bury them.
Yes! We finally got a decent 2nd line that did nothing for us in a 5-2 loss!

Reactions: hkydave04

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The last wheel is coming off. We're a 1 line team without a great goalie, brickwall defense, and shutdown lines.

We are so donezo.

FINALLY!

Maybe we'll sniff a top3 pick this year holy moly.

Reactions: 2xJack

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Those 3 actually looked decent together youre right. I'm not sure if its just because Ottawa sucks but that looked like the best second line Detroit has had this year. I would keep them together as well. On this team though, Glendening belongs where hes been played. On almost every other NHL team, hes not played there but Detroit doesnt have better options right now unfortunately.

Lol. Glendening is far from this teams issue right now. Outside of the top line, he might actually be their 4th best forward so far this season. Is he playing too far up the line up for his skill set? Yes, but Detroit doesnt have other options really right now

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm not sure if its just because Ottawa sucks but that looked like the best second line Detroit has had this year.
Svech was looking good as hell. I think that was why. AA's been pretty meh so far so hopefully he picks it up but Svech is clearly a worker. He was moving all night and could have had a goal. I think a few games in the NHL and he'll be up to speed.

chris05

May 23, 2013
Lol. Glendening is far from this teams issue right now. Outside of the top line, he might actually be their 4th best forward so far this season. Is he playing too far up the line up for his skill set? Yes, but Detroit doesnt have other options really right now
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As long as you think this guy should occupy a roster spot in todays game the wings will be finishing in last.... the new streak is well under way 25 years going on the opposite side of the spectrum.
Smith can probably do what 41 does but at a higher skill set.........37 definitely deserves to be in the line up..... 41 and 21 on a one way train ticket to toledo.​

burbankmarc

Oct 17, 2014
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As long as you think this guy should occupy a roster spot in todays game the wings will be finishing in last.... the new streak is well under way 25 years going on the opposite side of the spectrum.
Smith can probably do what 41 does but at a higher skill set.........37 definitely deserves to be in the line up..... 41 and 21 on a one way train ticket to toledo.​

Dude, why do you hate Cholowski so much?

Reactions: LazyT

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
AA is an elite skater, though, so that line may actually work. Two big, lumbering forwards and a speeding bullet.
That's my thinking. Svechnikov and Rasmussen can forecheck and play the cycle to set up Athanasiou.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
The last wheel is coming off. We're a 1 line team without a great goalie, brickwall defense, and shutdown lines.

We are so donezo.

FINALLY!

Maybe we'll sniff a top3 pick this year holy moly.
Nope I'm a firm believer that the league does not want the Wings to be a top team and will make it as hard as they can on us.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Do you watch other teams play hockey? Every team in the league has worse players than Glendening at the bottom of their line ups. Theres a salary cap, not everyone can be 20 goal scorers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->