Glendale Lease Drama Thread: Part II (REMINDER in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
LeBlanc on Roc & Manuch comments on TSN's Rick Westhead:

- He's a sensational writer, looking for big headlines
- Glendale Vice Mayor knows if he goes to Westhead, he has more leeway
- TSN is letting their website to be used as the Vice Mayor's personal op-ed column

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
AZCOYOT; said:
I'm a 31 year old dual citizen who is born and raised in Calgary, I lived there the first 26 years of my life. My fellow canadians have been absolutely, positively a-holes during all of this (Outside of a few)

So my apologies for labeling you as an a-hole.

You should also be smart enough to understand the source and how that particular reporter is being used by Glendale council member Ian Hugh to spew rhetoric that most Canadians are loving and are eating it all up.

I've actually come to the point of being ashamed that I am born and raised in Canada to this point.

Zing! :yo:

Leafs2020

May 20, 2015
Moncton, NB, Canada
Is there anything in U.S or Az. Law that states that Tindall cannot work for the Coyotes after working for COG? Once COG is no longer paying Him?
I think their arguement is the fact Tindall was still on payroll until October 2013. But with the waiver clause I still don't think COG has a leg to stand on

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think their arguement is the fact Tindall was still on payroll until October 2013. But with the waiver clause I still don't think COG has a leg to stand on

A judge would have to agree with the strictest, technicality induced interpretation of that statute. I don't think that's going to happen. Neither does the team or the league.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Morgan/FSA has dug up a copy of Tindall's severance agreement with COG: http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/st...t-contains-conflict-of-interest-waiver-061115

Paragraph C of the Recitals section of the severance agreement states that the city will continue to employ Tindall on a six-month retainer: "for limited consulting services and assistance to the City regarding information related to his past duties ..."

Paragraph 2 of the Agreement section states that: "Employee will be available for up to five hours per two-week period from the date of this Agreement to the Separation date to respond to factual questions regarding matters Employee previously handled for the City; provided however, employee will not provide legal advice to the city except by a separate agreement.

Rodney Smith, director of the sports law and business program at ASU's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, said that a maximum of five hours every two weeks does not appear to constitute significant involvement by Tindall.

Paragraph 6 of the agreement states that: "The City, with informed consent from its attorneys, hereby waives any conflict of Employee or a law firm with which Employee may become affiliated regarding transactional matters previously handled by Employee for the City."

hbk

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So Glendale gave the lawyer in question a clause/waiver which exempts him from conflict of interest in his severance agreement? Good to see Glendale did their due diligence on this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So Glendale gave the lawyer in question a clause/waiver which exempts him from conflict of interest in his severance agreement? Good to see Glendale did their due diligence on this.

They are going for a technicality win. Not even that, really. They want to make a big show of how crappy the deal is and force a renegotiation. The bet is that, due to the threat of the team moving and being unable to be run effectively under the auspices of ongoing litigation, that the team will opt for renegotiation rather than trying to drag this out in court. A form of extortion, if you will.

The city thinks the NHL and its collective legal teams are morons and will bow down to this, essentially.

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
Sorry to hear this for Coyotes fans. Hopefully it works out. NHL has certainly tried to keep the team in the area. You guys have been through a lot already.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Morgan/FSA has dug up a copy of Tindall's severance agreement with COG: http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/st...t-contains-conflict-of-interest-waiver-061115

Sooooooo they have no case as his involvement wasn't significant and they also waived their right to claim conflict of interest anyway? They've gotta have something else right?

Also after sleeping on it, I've decided this may be for the best long term. After this it seems like the yotes will either go elsewhere or stay somewhere in state, for sure either way. As much as I want them to stay this same ******** happening every other year is just exhausting, they need to either go or stay and let it be done.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Sooooooo they have no case as his involvement wasn't significant and they also waived their right to claim conflict of interest anyway? They've gotta have something else right?

I know COG is insinuating that Tindall is not the only ex-city employee who may have had a hand in crafting the lease, and then joined the Coyotes organization. But who the hell knows. So much for transparency.

It appears the fixation on Tindall was Plan B for Glendale, anyways. Plan A seemed to be voiding the lease on the basis that IceArizona was using the arena management fee to pay down the Fortress loans instead of on the arena. That may/may not have been true, but it is a moot point now after Barroway became majority owner (and his capital paid off said loans completely).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They are going for a technicality win. Not even that, really. They want to make a big show of how crappy the deal is and force a renegotiation. The bet is that, due to the threat of the team moving and being unable to be run effectively under the auspices of ongoing litigation, that the team will opt for renegotiation rather than trying to drag this out in court. A form of extortion, if you will.

The city thinks the NHL and its collective legal teams are morons and will bow down to this, essentially.

You hit the nail on the head. The only problem is that the morons are the Glendale CC.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I know COG is insinuating that Tindall is not the only ex-city employee who may have had a hand in crafting the lease, and then joined the Coyotes organization. But who the hell knows. So much for transparency.

It appears the fixation on Tindall was Plan B for Glendale, anyways. Plan A seemed to be voiding the lease on the basis that IceArizona was using the arena management fee to pay down the Fortress loans instead of on the arena. That may/may not have been true, but it is a moot point now after Barroway became majority owner (and his capital paid off said loans completely).

Perhaps the Coyotes have a double secret agent not listed on their roster of executives. What in hells bells got into the mayor's head? Are they holding some explosive evidence which will explain their claims? Maybe they are inviting a judgement against themselves in order to declare bankruptcy and so rid themselves of the arena mortgage as well as the Coyotes agreement.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012

State Bar dismisses complaint against Tindall 7/25/13
Deal Closes 8/5/13
Tindall's Hiring announced by Coyotes, as teams general council: 8/18/13

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Westgate released a statement strongly criticizing the city. Like all of us, the owners were blindsided by this development.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Cleared by the state bar and also protected by waivers is as good as it gets. They must have some other employee in mind, but they'd need to meet the "significant" criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad