Speculation: Glen Gulutzan in Conversation with Buffalo Regarding an A'sst Coaching Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
I have no strong opinions of Hartley one way or another, but I laughed as soon as I saw the word "process"

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Per Friedman, it appears that the Sabres have made an offer to Gulutzan, as opposed to simply being "in conversation" with him:

12. Glen Gulutzan was mulling over assistant coaching offers from Buffalo and Edmonton last weekend. There were teams who wanted him to run their AHL clubs, but I’m not sure that’s his choice. Think there are also a couple of teams with interest in WHL Swift Current’s Manny Viveiros, also as an assistant. The Broncos lead Everett 3-1 in the league championship. And, after watching several AHL Hershey graduates perform so well for Washington in its victory over Pittsburgh, you have to think Troy Mann ends up on his feet, too. Mann led the Bears bench the last four seasons, but his contract was not renewed.

31 Thoughts: What follows for Leafs after Dubas promotion? - Sportsnet.ca

It appears that Gulutzan was the assistant in charge of the forwards when he worked in Vancouver. I don't know if this means that Payne is gone, or they're reassigning Payne to the defense and removing Hajt.

Reactions: Chainshot

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Ducks Announce Trent Yawney Will Not Return

I just seen that the Ducks decided not to bring back Trent Yawney.

Now that's someone I'd like to see added to Housley's staff.
Anaheim has developed quite a few good young NHL d f Newman under Yawney's watch.

He has a lot of experience too. I feel like he would be a solid add.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
:nod:

Could you imagine the crow Leafs fans would eat if Babcock got canned because a rift with "coach killer" Matthews!!

Matthews and Eichel can't sneeze unless they get the nod from Dylan Larkin. George Parros doesn't suspend anyone without Larkin's blessing. Larkin is the most powerful man in the NH. He's the reason Babcock left Detroit. Babcock knew he could never win in a showdown with the Larkinator.

Red Wings prospect Larkin says ‘one of the reasons’ he left the NCAA was Babcock’s departure | The Hockey News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->