Glass to start season in Top 6?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
imho the right way to do it. You want to give the kid his best chance at success. When Eakin comes back, though, I would imagine Stast goes back to 2C and Cody goes to Chitown unless there is another top 6 injury (knock on wood there isn't).

Reactions: derriko

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
imho the right way to do it. You want to give the kid his best chance at success. When Eakin comes back, though, I would imagine Stast goes back to 2C and Cody goes to Chitown unless there is another top 6 injury (knock on wood there isn't).

Tuch is out for awhile as well. So he could still stay up.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Spreading out the talent. Stastny on 3rd looks much better than Glass considering the linesmates are Zykov & Pirri.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Put Eakin on the fourth line if he returns and then have Pirri, Zykov and Nosek fight it out for the winger spot when Tuch returns.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I get the logic of it, but it seems unfair to stastny to be bumped to 3rd line when last year his line was the true #1 line on the team. It's not like the Avs days when Dutch and ROR had passed Stastny as Stastny became a ghost on many nights.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I get the logic of it, but it seems unfair to stastny to be bumped to 3rd line when last year his line was the true #1 line on the team. It's not like the Avs days when Dutch and ROR had passed Stastny as Stastny became a ghost on many nights.

Stastny missed almost half the season and is 33 and didn't have a lot of preseason, I thought he was injured. At any rate, he is getting paid well, he can accept anything that helps them win.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Didn’t Glass and Pirri play poorly with each other when they were on the same line recently? Would make sense to not have them play together if that was the case.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Didn’t Glass and Pirri play poorly with each other when they were on the same line recently? Would make sense to not have them play together if that was the case.

Probably along the lines of the thinking. If the third line is Pirri and Zykov on the wings you want a reliable two way center with them and at this point they probably just don't trust Glass for that. So put him up with two more dependable guys in their own end, but still give plenty of firepower to work with his playmaking skills.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Glass made some rookie mistakes last night, but overall, he showed well. I felt like first star of the game was a gift, though. Smith was first star of the game.

Cody looked like a kid on Christmas morning after that (very nicely scored) goal.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Kid can't carry a line, or a tune, for that matter.
Gotta stick this fraud with 2 hall of famers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Put Eakin on the fourth line if he returns and then have Pirri, Zykov and Nosek fight it out for the winger spot when Tuch returns.
Just scratch Pirri. He was our worst player last night. Apart from a couple solid passes he did almost nothing good with the puck against a visibly weak Sharks team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yes. Don't ever put them on a line with each other again.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just scratch Pirri. He was our worst player last night. Apart from a couple solid passes he did almost nothing good with the puck against a visibly weak Sharks team.

Couple good rushes as well, but on the balance, his overall game doesn't qualify him to be a starter inmho

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Couple good rushes as well, but on the balance, his overall game doesn't qualify him to be a starter inmho
I don't know what his giveaway stat was last night and I'm not gonna go look because it's a terribly tracked stat but I'd bet he had at least 7. He looked better in the final game of preseason, but most of preseason he was pretty bad. Last night he veered closer to pretty bad. There are times he shows he's at least aware of what he has to do to be an NHL regular, but he doesn't do those things consistently enough.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I don't think Gallant is intending Glass' presence to be the 9 game ELC tryout. He said at the very beginning of this video that Glass has 81 more games to do good things.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I don't think Gallant is intending Glass' presence to be the 9 game ELC tryout. He said at the very beginning of this video that Glass has 81 more games to do good things.

Glass is no longer eligible for a ELC slide since he has already had his contract slide twice so the 9 game "tryout" is meaning less. This will be the first year of his ELC either way.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
BTW can anyone splain to me why Cody didn't get his traditional rookie solo skate for warmups on Wednesday night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad