"Glass-man" Colaiacovo hurt.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The funniest part about it to me, is he gets hurt by the smallest guy on the ice. (By quite a bit)

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
White got dinged up but came back, CC's out a long time, Kindl's fragile. There might be an Almqvist sighting before too long here...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
White got dinged up but came back, CC's out a long time, Kindl's fragile. There might be an Almqvist sighting before too long here...

I think he does some things well, but I think he would get absolutely murdered by NHL forwards on the forecheck.

crashman

Colaiacovo is a joke. No need for a player that gets injured as easily as this guy.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I think he does some things well, but I think he would get absolutely murdered by NHL forwards on the forecheck.

Yeah I don't think there's a spot for him on this blueline in the foreseeable future, but if he hits his ceiling he could be a Marc Andre Bergeron type for someone with better defensive complementary pieces.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
If it just me, or was that a completely routine hit? I feel like I've seen that so many times. It looked like he even absorbed it the right way.

I don't recall who hit him, but it looked like they went to hit in front of him? Maybe Carlo slowed up and got caught in the wrong spot, but he definitely didn't absorb the hit correctly. When he went off I immediately thought he had a wrist injury.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
That hit on CC was the most harmless hit I have ever seen. It was almost more of a block the guy from skating past him, than a real hit.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I don't recall who hit him, but it looked like they went to hit in front of him? Maybe Carlo slowed up and got caught in the wrong spot, but he definitely didn't absorb the hit correctly. When he went off I immediately thought he had a wrist injury.

Agreed, looked like a broken wrist or sprain to me.

RedWingsNow*

Good news for Lashoff, he looked decent tonight and Babs playing him 5on5, 5-4, 4-4, 4-3 shows he has faith in the youngster.

LOL
I think it shows the lack of faith he has in his other guys more than the faith he has in a rookie who never played before.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

My guess is Paetsch comes up before him. Really he is probably better than Quincey right now and does have some NHL experience. I like Almqvist a lot but it would surprise me if he came up this year.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
If it just me, or was that a completely routine hit? I feel like I've seen that so many times. It looked like he even absorbed it the right way.

OP I think the thread title should be changed. The guy is a new player but was chosen to defend the winged wheel for now, why the not just " Colaiacovo Hurt"??? Yes Colaiacovo has been injured too many times, but that's hockey. A frigging gamble. He played on the #1 pairing last year STL, what gives? He's not quite excellent enough of a player to please some DRW fans? This doesn't have to be a mancrush fansite but dang show some basic descency. You'd call Cola a glass-man to his face?

Anyways it was a hard ass check and Cola was leaning forward to make the play. Players on all teams seem to be taking a hit real early. This season hockey clubs are going to win because of depth down to their prospects.

LOL
I think it shows the lack of faith he has in his other guys more than the faith he has in a rookie who never played before.

It does send a strong message. I get the feeling Babcock will bench who isn't working. It's a good way to say to our D "WAKE UP." I'm starting to agree with the sentiment around here that if as a player you look just ok (Samuelsson), we would rather watch a prospect sent in and give it a try.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
This guys has the weirdest ways of getting hurt, he survives the hard hit that you think will put him out to get injured the next period by running into the bench door.... He would be a decent d man if he ever played more than a handful of games at a time.

moolah3i4

Long Live The Note.
May 23, 2010
St. Louis
Detroit better get used to this garbage d-men, We fed up with him for a couple of years, one little hit and he's injured, how do players with concussion get hit all the time and none happens.

moolah3i4

Long Live The Note.
May 23, 2010
St. Louis
M1FYZ3g5TmhGd00x_o_colaiacovo-trips-filppula.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought he played pretty well tonight before the injury, just got pinched funny, and it looked really bad. If he doesn't have a broken wrist I will be stunned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->