Glass Half Full??

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Glass half full, it looks like scoring Crosby is back and I loved scoring Crosby. I'm still disappointed this thread wasn't a Glass joke.

Well since Kunitz and Dupuis have apparently forgotten what the net looks like, Scoring Crosby had to come back or else "the best line in hockey" wouldn't be putting up any points. Think of how inconvenient that would be.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Glass half full? In at least half the games this season, Glass plays well enough to get two minutes for impersonating a good fourth line player.

nope.gif

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Well since Kunitz and Dupuis have apparently forgotten what the net looks like, Scoring Crosby had to come back or else "the best line in hockey" wouldn't be putting up any points. Think of how inconvenient that would be.
:laugh:

Necessity is the mother of [adapting to get results]. Drag them along, Sid, Bylsma needs you to justify his decisions.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Oi, I'm not Bylsma! ;)

Glass half full, the season is young and someone could snap and smack some sense into Bylsma.

Jacques Martin? :laugh:

Inconvenient or premature?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Glass half full? That's EXACTLY the expression Dan Bylsma gives whenever Beau Bennett thankfully ignores his instructions on the role of offensive creativity in his overall game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Just call me Ja Marty or Jack Martin. :nod:

I wasn't joking. If a player was going to snap on Bylsma's lunacy while still here, then it would've happened by now. Save us Jacques Wan. You're our only hope.

Enter Darth Vitale with his grand country club buffet and Gladams goals to remind us that the glass (and the Glass) is indeed half full.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I wasn't joking. If a player was going to snap on Bylsma's lunacy while still here, then it would've happened by now. Save us Jacques Wan. You're our only hope.

Enter Darth Vitale with his grand country club buffet and Gladams goals to remind us that the glass (and the Glass) is indeed half full.

I prefer Jacqui Wan Martnobi. Give me a lightsaber, not a yellow one.

Bennett hasn't been here long, do it, Beau Beau. :handclap:

One of them could be like that officer worker who's fine for a decade and then throws a stapler at the boss they hate. Orpik messes up multiple times and Bylsma does nothing, BAM, Fleury, Martin or someone flips.

I fully believe that Bylsma will **** up again and say the worst possible thing to or about Shero/Mario/Crosby/Malkin/whoever and get fired.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I prefer Jacqui Wan Martnobi. Give me a lightSabre, not a yellow one.

Bennett hasn't been here long, do it, Beau Beau. :handclap:

One of them could be like that officer worker who's fine for a decade and then throws a stapler at the boss they hate. Orpik messes up multiple times and Bylsma does nothing, BAM, Fleury, Martin or someone flips.

I fully believe that Bylsma will **** up again and say the worst possible thing to or about Shero/Mario/Crosby/Malkin/whoever and get fired.

This is the glass half full thread, no a Publishers Clearinghouse infomercial. :laugh:

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
The other half of the Gladams duo has received massive PR influx this week. Craig Adams... shot-blocker, Harvard man... international hostage negotiator.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4874560-74/tracy-adams-tim

See what happens when HFB starts the buzz about Glass and Adams being done? Now all of a sudden the 4th is "our most effective line" according to various Trib hoors, and they're going to start putting Adams' face on the 5 dollar bill once he disavows his citizenship to Brunei or whateverTF it is. :laugh:

We're hosed. Gladams is here forever.

With our 4th line still allowing 60% of the shots taken to be on our own net (while they are on the ice), the results so far are not sustainable or indicative of long term success. They are also shooting at 15%, which will most likely regress to their 5% career averages. They are also still allowing the other team to shoot at around 10%. I won't say I told you so in 20 games. ;).

Even Crosby's line can't sustain a 15% shooting %.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
With our 4th line still allowing 60% of the shots taken to be on our own net (while they are on the ice), the results so far are not sustainable or indicative of long term success. They are also shooting at 15%, which will most likely regress to their 5% career averages. They are also still allowing the other team to shoot at around 10%. I won't say I told you so in 20 games. ;).

Even Crosby's line can't sustain a 15% shooting %.

Where did you get the 60% stat? Not that I'm doubting you, I'm just curious. If it's accurate it doesn't take into account that the 4th line is not out (or shouldn't be) on PP when the shots are skewed in the offense's favor. Still . . .

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Where did you get the 60% stat? Not that I'm doubting you, I'm just curious. If it's accurate it doesn't take into account that the 4th line is not out (or shouldn't be) on PP when the shots are skewed in the offense's favor. Still . . .

I would imagine that's 5 on 5. A stat including PK time wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
In keeping with the optimism theme of the thread:

Thanks to realignment and the new playoff format, so long as the Pens can beat the wildcard team from the Flortheast division in the first round, they should have an EZ Pass to the Conference Finals since they'll be up against a lousy Metro team for the second round!

Joking aside, I'm astounded at just how bad the rest of the division has been so far. I really don't expect that to last for the entire season, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad