Give this draft a grade!

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
B. Has potential to swing up or down a ton based on McCarron, DLR and the overagers.

dreamingofdrouin*

i don't think it's real;y fair for me to put a grade on it because im not an nhl scout..i don't know all of these players and i don't know where they will end up but if i could rank the way i feel right now between 1 and 10 it would be a 3 or 4 at best.....really unhappy with these players...i barely know any of them...i feel like they're really off the board and but, fucale is a great asset

who is this jeremy gregoire guy...what makes him a steal?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hard to give a draft a grade before at least a half season.

Fucale looks like a very safe pick but a lot of upside. Stunned that we got him at 36. I was hoping we would wait till 34 to get McCarron, so the Fucale pick offsets the risk of McCarron not being a top 6 or high end 3rd liner. De La Rose is very safe also, a lock to at least be a 3rd liner, great intensity and work ethic.

Crisp is a bit of a wild card. Really like Angrighetto, will play NHL, in Montreal or trade bait. Lehkonen and Reway are smaller but high skill and fearless, could be Gallagher type steals. Gregoire is safe, ideally a good 3rd liner(Talbot).

I give the draft a B.

The development of McCarron and De la Rose into core type players will make it an A+. De la rose if his offensive game improves could be a 2 way top 6 guy that plays PP and PK.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
B-

Connor crisp and Martin Reway picks make me sad right now....

Not sure why, most of the 3rd round picks don't make the NHL. Crisp has a good chance of making a 4th or 3rd line, Reway has sweet hands and pretty good potential.

edit: If they drafted Crisp in the third round then they wanted him pretty bad, I'm going to trust TT with this one.

Dada

May 12, 2012
I'd say 3.5 out of 5 , picking Crisp that early when Hayden, Hurley, Buchnevich, Duclair out there... Was not the best decision for me, and Andrighetto when Bjorkstand and Slepshyev where there.. I mean the guy would've been there later, too early for me

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
B-

Connor crisp and Martin Reway picks make me sad right now....

Both guys have a strong element of upside. Crisp in the Bickell mode, big physical guy that makes a living 15 feet from the goalie. Reway has crazy skill, if the light goes on and he can dominate like Kane with speed/skill/agility.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
B-

-Really like McCarron at 25, was near the top of my wishlist for a long time.
-Not thrilled about de la Rose at 34 but I think he'll be an NHLer.
-Can't complain about Fucale at 36 but again, not ecstatic.
-Big fan of Lehkonen, major skill injection to a draft that was lacking it at this point.
-Knew nothing about Crisp, had to think there were better players on the board.
-Andrighetto is all skill, but I think he's a longshot to be an NHLer
-Reway wasn't on my radar much, pretty much same as Andrighetto - another small skill guy who I think is a longshot
-Gregoire also wasn't on my radar much but a lot of people I trust like him so I'll take their word on it...just didn't see him myself.

Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Oct 19, 2008
Alma,Quebec
www.akatsume.com
i don't think it's real;y fair for me to put a grade on it because im not an nhl scout..i don't know all of these players and i don't know where they will end up but if i could rank the way i feel right now between 1 and 10 it would be a 3 or 4 at best.....really unhappy with these players...i barely know any of them...i feel like they're really off the board and but, fucale is a great asset

who is this jeremy gregoire guy...what makes him a steal?

Seen him play a lot. He's got an interesting package. Had a tough start to his season, didn't work out as expected with Chicoutimi, psychologicaly hard for him (put a lot of pressure on himself). Once traded to B-C, he played to a whole other level, the one he was expected to be playing at. Was great during QJMHL playoffs, playing around PPG. Situation similar to Hudon I would say: good played, didn't statistically progress as expected, but potential is there. Different players though. Gregoire could become a pretty good 3rd line player. Gritty with offensive upside.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
A - I honestly love our picks (Crisp was a reach, but I trust Timmons)...I know everyone's down on the McCarron pick right now, but I think he's gonna be a stud and I'm lovin' addressing our needs...:yo:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Looking at individual picks:

McCarron - B+
DLR - B+
Fucale - A
Lehkonen - A-
Crisp - C+
Andrighetto - B
Reway - B-
Gregoire - A-

For the most part a very solid draft. I like Crisp but I do think there were better players at the time.

Analyzer*

Added size ? Check
Added skill ? Check
Added depth ? Check

Drafted now 1 of the top goalie prospects.

Andrighetto will have to play in Switzerland, or AHL this year ?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I gave it a B. This draft is one of those that can really turn out well or be a decent-sub par one. But I like a majority of our picks(Crisp the only questionable one)

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
C - like Fucale but the rest is blah...

Also disappointed no deals were made but not shocked.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
B, could have been B+/A- if we took one of John Hayden/Pavel Buchnevich/Anthony Duclair/ Oliver Bjorkstrand / Peter Cehlárik over Crisp.

The 1st four picks are pretty solid.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
B-

McCarron - I like the pick, fills a need and has loads of potential to boot. Hopefully he's a Knight.

de la Rose - I'm a huge fan of his. Like the pick, not sold on his upside, but will be a good role player regardless.

Fucale - Fantastic goaltender, didn't want him, but tremendous value at that position. Hard to not like the guy.

Lehkonen - My favourite pick. Super skilled and loves to play in the dirty areas. Injuries have to be concerning.

Crisp - The WTF moment of the draft. I like him as junior player, but not as an NHLer. I see no upside whatsoever. I hope one day I get quoted on this and made fun of because that means he's an NHLer.

Andrighetto - Supremely skilled, but not a fan of the pick. Would have preferred someone with size AND skill.

Reway - Good pick, a little early in my opinion, but he's a joy to watch. Lots of energy and really creative.

Gregoire - Safe pick, not fan of his. Good value at that spot.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
There's two ways to judge a draft, in the same sense that there's two ways to draft : BPA or needs.

I wont hide it, I have little, very little knowledge about these prospects. From what I've read, if we evaluate by the BPA aspect, it wasn't Habs' best draft. That said, following the needs, it seems Habs did well.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Can't decide between B and a B-, I'll go with a B because the good outweights the bad.

McCarron - I wanted him with one of our early 2nds, it was a reach at where we picked him but not a big one. A player with McCarron's top tier PWF potential would have intrigued a team willing to take a risk with their pick (like Calgary) so I don't blame Timmins for making sure that we for once don't miss out on a player who brings that type of package.

Jacob de la Rose - Never intrigued when I read about him, read many reports that questionned his offensive ceiling at the NHL level would have prefered Bailey or Diaby. But I'm no expert.

Fucale - Was not interested at 25th but he was a steal at 36th, fills an organizational need, is a local and was viewed as the best prospect at his position.

Lehkonen - Solid pick at that spot, can't ask for more.

Crisp - Didn't like the pick at first but after reading about him for a bit I'm ok with the pick since we lack prospects who could fulfill that role would have prefered Hayden tho.

Liked all of the other picks, compensate for the lack of skills of the other picks, they're obviously long shots but they have nice stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad