Give me 2 reasons why JT should not be next captain

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Reilly
Matthews

are the reasons in that order. To not rock the boat giving it to Reilly makes sense. He will be a Leaf for life and is our best defender hands down. Has matured leaps and bounds with this team.

By not giving it to Matthews or Tavares either one cannot get upset. But they both should alternate captains. And by not giving an assistant to either Marner and Nylander both of them don't feel slighted either.

So Reilly as captain, Matthews and Tavares as assistants.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
I'm glad that management has decided to take their time in figuring out who emerges as the best candidate for captain. Prior to this season, I would have been willing to bet that it was going to be given to Matthews. Now, I'm not so sure. Watching how Rielly deals with the media, and how his teammates mention how he's the one that often tries to get everyone together outside the rink, I can't help but feel that he's become the primary candidate. He's clearly respected by his teammates, and would probably not cause any ruffled feathers if he were appointed. JT might be another potential candidate, but I'd love to see a player that rose through our system be given that title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->