Give credit to Ducharme

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know if Ducharme really changed much. It looks like the same team that started the year with Julien.

justHypnos

May 4, 2011
Montreal
Because Montreal only hires franco coaches. So the narrative is that they certainly must have settled for an inferior coach instead of going for the best coach available.
People believe that English speaking coaches are superior to French speaking coaches and refuse to credit a French speaking coach for any sort of success. It makes no sense. It's not like Ducharme is speaking French to Cole Caufield.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
It's so weird to me that we perform like that after taking out Tatar and Drouin who were supposed to be top 6 guys. I prefer the lineup without them though. Great work by the coaching staff to unite Perry and Staal. Never thought it would've worked.

Reactions: Kojo

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It's so weird to me that we perform like that after taking out Tatar and Drouin who were supposed to be top 6 guys. I prefer the lineup without them though. Great work by the coaching staff to unite Perry and Staal. Never thought it would've worked.
Drouin is usually good in the playoffs too. They both can sit but Tatar is nice to have if he's needed.

Reactions: HabsQC

Scorlov

May 17, 2021
All credit goes to the team in this situation IMO. They are not winning because of him, they are winning despite him.

The team consisting of Suzuki, Caulfield, Toffoli, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Staal, Armia, Perry, Edmundson, Weber, Petry, Gustafsson, etc? They all materialized out of thin air?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don't know if Ducharme really changed much. It looks like the same team that started the year with Julien.

They looked completely different the moment from the moment the playoffs started. Especially since Game 5 against the Leafs. That is why IMO Ducharme to me was part of their success.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They looked completely different the moment from the moment the playoffs started. Especially since Game 5 against the Leafs. That is why IMO Ducharme to me was part of their success.

They do look different in the playoffs but I think that's because the playoff intensity suits the roster construction. I just don't see much different in the way of coaching stuff.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
They do look different in the playoffs but I think that's because the playoff intensity suits the roster construction. I just don't see much different in the way of coaching stuff.

He made good decisions one after the other. Like playing the kids, changing the PP, putting Perry, Staal and Armia together(and that was pure genius). A lot of his decisions have paid off so far,

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad