Give Chiarelli a chance

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Good Evening,

I noticed that Chiarelli isn't given enough credit on these boards. I admit he didn't succeed in Edmonton. But what he accomplished in Boston is still notable.

Drafting Pastrnak
Drafting Marchand
Signing Chara
Trading Kessel to Toronto
2011 Stanley Cup
2013 Finals

Do I want him to be the GM of my favorite team? Probably not. Not right now.

But I think some team will hire him in the future

Looking winning a cup is not easy and that is a huge accomplishment but he had a number of parts to work with.

So what if drafted two stars, it doesn’t always happen but you expect first round picks to be your stars of tomorrow. The notion he managed to out smart Burke is some accomplishment is a joke(not hard-drafted Biggs and Percy among a ton of others who amounted to jack #$&*).

He single handily ruined two teams with cap situations. Was given the best player on the planet and a decent core of young players signed and still managed to mess it up. The number of bad trades and contracts is astonishing.

Any team that sniffs at this guy in any capacity is playing with fire.

Montreal please do it..........

PC is that you?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd be really thrilled with the Penguins giving Chiarelli a chance. Come on Mario. You know you want to.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
He did well in Boston a while ago but screwed up at the end of his tenure. Luckily he was fired before doing further damage. He went and did the same things to Edmonton but worst. Then right before being fired did even worst (or was just trolling, who even knows??). He doesn't learn. Mike Milbury never got another job as GM. Neither will he. Bad GMs can get hired again but not with a reputation as his.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad